(Sr.) Bioinformatics Associate Scientist
ShapeTX® is pioneering the field of programmable RNA medicines to repair the genetic causes of diseases. By merging innovations in AI and RNA technology to generate and analyze hundreds of billions of therapeutic possibilities, ShapeTX is developing breakthroughs in RNA editing, next-generation AAVs, and disruptive gene therapy manufacturing. The ShapeTX platform enables pharma innovators to design treatments across a wide range of diseases, including rare genetic disorders as well as debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and many more. You can find us at shapetx.com and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
At ShapeTX, we are a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated and passionate about making cures a reality. Through diversity of thought, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus we are merging cutting-edge science with extensive drug development expertise to unlock cures to many debilitating diseases.
Shape Therapeutics is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a satellite site in Boston, Massachusetts.
ShapeTX is looking for an enthusiastic, collaborative, and motivated Bioinformatics Associate Scientist to join our fast-growing Analytics and Informatics (AI) department. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to work closely with other computational and experimental scientists to help develop, implement, and refine our next-generation processing and analytical pipelines to develop the next generation of gene therapies for treating serious human diseases.
Why join ShapeAI?
- Interdisciplinary Collaborations: Engage in high-level research across a broad range of scientific disciplines and departments.
- State-of-the-Art Technologies: Access to tremendous amounts of data generated from novel gene therapy platforms coupled with high-performance computing and generative ML infrastructure.
- Professional Growth: Strong mentorship from experienced computational scientists coupled with opportunities for training and career development.
If the notion of building novel informatics solutions to help accelerate the development of gene therapies for millions suffering worldwide from rare genetic disorders motivates you as it does us, we’re very excited to have you join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement reproducible methods for processing NGS data, laying the groundwork for statistical and machine learning (ML) analyses that rigorously test biological hypotheses
- Interface with experimentalists to ensure fidelity across experimental and computational methods development
- Develop and maintain codebases using software design best practices: including testing, documentation, reproducibility, usability, and peer review
- Collaborate with diverse project teams to ensure the adoption of appropriate tools and analyses to inform decisions
What You Bring:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience or Master’s degree in Computational Biology, Statistics, Genomics, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline.
- Proven experience developing processing pipelines for raw next-generation sequencing (NGS) data
Skills and Experience:
- Strong track record of developing and applying innovative and rigorous computational methodologies to high-throughput biological data
- Proficiency in Python and experience with Linux/Unix and open-source bioinformatics tools and databases
- Experience with collaborative development using version control systems (e.g., Git) and software development best practices (e.g., CI/CD, testing, code review)
- Experience using workflow management systems (e.g., Nextflow, Snakemake, CWL) preferred
- Exposure to cloud computing environments, high-performance computing, and containerization technologies (e.g., AWS Batch, SGE/SLURM, Docker)
- Experience in molecular biology and experimental design of -omic assays is a plus
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time and prioritize tasks to enable multiple projects
- Exquisite attention to detail, organization, and proactive communication
- Curious mindset and willingness to learn from and mentor others
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-science environment
- Ability to take initiative to think outside the box and tackle challenges with a problem-solving, can-do attitude
ShapeTX offers a robust benefits package, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. We provide eligible employees with 12 paid Holidays plus a one-week winter break at year end. We are proud to offer a competitive paid parental leave benefit, an annual employee stipend for employees to use however they choose, a Flex Paid Time Off program (allowing flexible PTO for vacation, sick leave, and other purposes) and Company paid Long Term Disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our Company’s voluntary 401k plan, voluntary Life/AD&D and Voluntary FSA’s.
The salary range for a Bioinformatics Associate Scientist is $105,000-$140,000 and the salary range for a Sr. Bioinformatics Associate Scientist is $110,000-$155,000. The hired applicant's placement within the range is based on qualifications and professional experience. Additional compensation may include annual target bonus and/or sign-on bonus, equity grant and relocation bonus.
We aspire to Shape Life! not only through our science, but also through our commitment to foster an inclusive environment that supports diverse perspectives and experiences.