Support Specialist - Bioinformatics Operations
Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company dedicated to advancing healthcare through data-driven insights. Sema4 is transforming healthcare by applying AI and machine learning to multidimensional, longitudinal clinical and genomic data to build dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories. Centrellis®, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
Sema4 is seeking a talented Bioinformatics Operations Support Specialist. As part of the Production Bioinformatics department, the Operations Support Specialist will review logs, monitor incident tickets, and execute commands according to pre-defined instructions to ensure the flow of data through bioinformatics pipelines and dashboards.
- Monitor ongoing processes via logs in AWS CloudWatch and MySQL database records as well as Slack and Email communications
- Monitor incidents in Jira boards
- Execute commands in AWS console, AWS CLI, MySQL queries, and manipulate CSV or JSON files to address issues in a timely manner
- Document responses in tickets and clearly communicate status of addressing issues using Slack and Email communication
- Must be able to work an 8-hour shift between 6:00 PM EST to 6:00 AM EST including some weekend rotations (Saturdays and/or Sundays)
- Knowledge of SQL commands and MySQL querying
- Ability to manipulate csv or json files
- Familiarity with AWS services such as CloudWatch, Batch, Fargate, Console, and CLI a plus but not required