Medical Science Liaison/Genetic Counselor, Oncology, WESTERN USA
Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company dedicated to advancing healthcare through data-driven insights. Sema4 is transforming healthcare by applying AI and machine learning to multidimensional, longitudinal clinical and genomic data to build dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories. Centrellis™, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
Sema4 is seeking a Medical Science Liaison/ Genetic Counselor, Oncology (MSL) - WesternÂ US, to assist in driving incremental sales revenue on our Oncology team. The ideal candidate will be joining a rapidly expanding sales team focused on improving health through genomic medicine. The MSL will serve as a scientific and clinical expert/specialist between Sema4 and Health Care Professionals. The MSL will work closely with the sales organization to provide clinical education to current and potential customers and act as a clinical resource to these groups via face-to-face interactions, presentations and electronic communications. This position will report to Sema4’s VP of Clinical Support, Education & Training.
- Work within a diverse team to provide educational support to providers, payers, and advocates on products and genetic testing offered through Sema4.
- Act as a liaison to internal genetic counselors and the field.
- Serve as an expert resource on Sema4 genetic testing solutions and associated disease states and provide educational support for the field sales team and other internal partners.
- Actively assess and provide guidance surrounding practice workflow needs.
- Work with contacts outside of the company, including health care providers, investigators and collaborators, influential clinicians, KOL and advisory boards, as appropriate.
- Provide support to Marketing for the development of multi-channel medical educational activities and tools including speaker programs, slide decks CME events, on-line educational events, etc. and clinical education and training for internal sales staff.
- Maintain current knowledge of clinical advancements in the relevant scientific space by continuing education through literature review, journal clubs, and conference attendance.
- Be engaged in and contribute to scheduled business planning meetings, sales pipeline meetings, sales training events, and other company meetings, as requested.
- Contribute to a positive team dynamic of high-energy collaboration, operational excellence and results focus.
- Offer cross-functional support for field and laboratory-based needs.
- PhD in Genetics or Master's Degree in Genetic Counseling required
- ABGC/ABMG Board Certified/Eligible
- Minimum 3-5 years of clinical/sales experience, with proficiency in hereditary cancer required
- Experience working with industry desired
- Approximately 40% travel / telecommuting position
- Home base in WesternÂ USA preferred, ideally near major airport