Scientist I, Bioinformatics
Scientist I, Bioinformatics
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on creating best-in-class in vivo therapies that permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen CRISPR by Design™ platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine.
We are seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for a Scientist I, Bioinformatics to join our team and advance our platform. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. Additionally, the candidate would bring expertise in data analysis and computational methods for gaining insight into multi-omic experimental approaches.
The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals.
- Develop novel analysis algorithms and models to better understand and predict CasX editing outcomes and their effects in a therapeutic context
- Work closely with Scientists and to inform experimental approaches for testing computational predictions
- Effectively communicate analysis approaches and results with close collaborators and across the company
- Maintain and improve our existing codebase of bioinformatics pipelines using software development best practices (i.e. version control, workflow management, metadata tracking)
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Systems Biology, Genomics, or equivalent)
- 2+ years experience developing novel algorithms/analysis methods for integrative analysis of genomics or other biological datasets
- 2+ years experience in computational and statistical programming (python or R preferred), unix command line, bioinformatic toolkits, version control systems (e.g. git), and workflow management (e.g. nextflow)
- Strong quantitative reasoning, statistical analysis, and data visualization skills, with a demonstrated ability to apply them to scientific problems
- Strong working knowledge of bioinformatic file types and public genomics databases
- Strong working knowledge of next generation sequencing platforms and molecular biology of sample preparation
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Familiarity with CRISPR technologies and therapeutic approaches
- Familiarity with protein or RNA structure and engineering approaches
- Experience deploying code in AWS cloud environment (EC2, S3, etc.)
- Experience writing production code in a team setting
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Visit us at www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
At the time of posting, the base pay wage range for this role is $115,000- 138,000 per year. The offered pay range will depend on internal equity and the candidate’s relevant skills, experience, qualifications, training, and market data. Additional incentives are provided as part of the complete package in addition to comprehensive medical and other benefits.