Scientist II/Sr. Scientist I, Pooled Screening
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on creating best-in-class in vivo therapies that permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen CRISPR by Design™ platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine.
We are seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for a Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our team and advance our platform. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with biologists and bioengineers to enable building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics. Additionally, the candidate would bring expertise in arrayed and pooled screening in mammalian systems.
The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals.
- Develop innovative pooled assays to quantitatively and robustly attain information on 1000s of library members, with multiple endpoints.
- Standardize processes and best practices for existing high-throughput functional genomics platforms.
- Design and construction of complex (>105) DNA libraries for testing in mammalian systems.
- Work closely with team members and across functions to adapt screening approaches to develop the best-in-class genome and epigenome editing technologies.
- Collaborate with NGS, automation, and Bioinformatics teams and end users to build robust, reproducible pipelines
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines.
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- At least 5 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of expertise in molecular and synthetic biology
- Experience with lentivirus or recombinase-based pooled screening approaches (design, execution and interpretation).
- A working knowledge of statistics to enable the design, implementation and analysis of screens with library sizes >105 members.
- Proven track record of creating, troubleshooting, and executing on research plans in this field including a publication record of high-quality scientific work
- High proficiency in cellular & molecular biology techniques including cloning for pooled library creation, designing reporter systems, screening in human cells, and readout by FACS and NGS.
- Established experience in mammalian tissue culture methods (maintenance, passaging, quality control, viral production)
- Demonstrated quantitative and scientific thinker as evidenced by a strong publication record
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Experience in engineering CRISPR-Cas systems
- Experience with protein engineering, including deep mutational scanning, directed evolution, and rational design approaches
- Experience with computational tools for analysis of biological data
- Experience with automation of molecular biology & cell culture workflows
- Familiarity with protein-design algorithms, AlphaFold/OpenFold, and/or protein language models
- Experience with functional genomics or next-generation sequencing-based approaches (such as bulk or single-cell RNA-Seq, whole genome or exome sequencing, etc)
- Familiarity with single-cell pooled screening.
- Experience with screening in primary human cells.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Visit us at www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At the time of posting, the base pay wage range for this role is $115,000-155,000 per year. The offered pay range will depend on internal equity and the candidate’s relevant skills, experience, qualifications, training, and market data. Additional incentives are provided as part of the complete package in addition to comprehensive medical and other benefits.
Something looks off?