Director, Corporate Communications
Scribe Therapeutics is a molecular engineering company focused on creating best-in-class in vivo therapies that permanently treat the underlying cause of disease. Founded by CRISPR inventors and leading molecular engineers Benjamin Oakes, Brett Staahl, David Savage, and Jennifer Doudna, Scribe is overcoming the limitations of current genome editing technologies by developing custom engineered enzymes and delivery modalities as part of a proprietary, evergreen CRISPR by Design™ platform for CRISPR-based genetic medicine.
We are seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR-based therapeutics. The current role is for a Director of Corporate Communications to join our team and advance our platform. The candidate should have a passion for working collaboratively with a growing team of dynamic and diverse individuals focused on building the necessary tools for meeting the new frontier of CRISPR-based therapeutics.
The Director of Corporate Communications will be responsible for ensuring the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with investors, media, collaborators and all other relevant stakeholders. Over time this will include preparing Scribe to become a publicly listed company and maintaining relationships with sell side research analysts. This role will support management in developing the overall investor relations and corporate communications strategy and will be responsible for its execution. This individual will serve as one of the primary contacts with the investor and media community. The holder of this job will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, will have significant exposure to senior leadership and will lead the development and implementation of the company’s strategic corporate communications strategy to build identity, reputation, and visibility across multiple stakeholders.
Public Relations / Corporate Communications
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, best-in-class corporate communications program, that builds a high quality brand which conveys the unique value of the company, its science and product candidates and leverages a strong understanding of the investment, biotech and pharmaceutical communities to enhance the perception and visibility of Scribe
- Develop and execute a set of policies for internal and external communication for Scribe Employees
- Build and maintain strong relationships with thought leaders within the media, academia and industry to deliver positive PR messaging
- Manage and coordinate responses from media inquiries and corporate communication requests
- Develop corporate communications materials, including press releases, Q&As, fact sheets, website content, executive talking points, social media materials etc., in collaboration with external agencies, corporate partners, and internal colleagues
- Manage Public Relations Firm and external media relations
- Define and manage the strategy, planning, and implementation of a robust social media presence
- Track and report on media coverage and protect and enhance the reputation of the company in the press
- Coordinate key events, which include but are not limited to media invites, event press coverage, media kit creation/distribution, event setup, and working with third party vendors
- Management of media preparation for executive interviews
- Maintain industry best practices and stay a up to date on emerging trends
- Assist in the development of strategic communications directed at the investment community related to corporate, science and product milestones, quarterly financial results, annual report and other disclosures, including press releases, conference call scripts, slides and Q&A
- Manage appropriate interactions and communications with existing and potential shareholders and sell-side analysts (pre and post IPO)
- Gather real-time insights and analysis from analyst reports, investment sentiment and competitor activity, and effectively prepare Scribe leadership team/other internal stakeholders for external interactions with investors and sell-side analysts
- Prepare Scribe for life as a public company
- Oversee routine analysis of shareholder base and refinement of investor targeting strategy
- Manage corporate overview presentation and the IR section of corporate website
- Help organize, plan, attend and track Company road shows, presentations, speaking engagements and conferences
- Serve as primary contact and resource for fielding investor calls, requests for information, and shareholder questions
Required Skills and Background:
- BA/BS required; degree in the life sciences, communications or finance preferred
- Requires 7-10+ years of experience, IR/Corporate Communications experience at a public biotech/pharma/life science company would be ideal
- expertise and contacts in traditional and digital media
- experience with internal communications
- Has superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to draft engaging and impactful messages for inspiring
- understands business strategies and executive priorities
Preferred Skills and Background:
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Understanding of scientific concepts and ability to translate technical language into laymen’s terms
- Understanding of SEC and FDA regulations impacting communications
- Strong planning, organizational, time and project management skills to prioritize and complete multiple assignments and coordinate workflow
- Critical thinking, strong attention to detail and relationship building skills.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Visit us at www.scribetx.com.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Something looks off?