Vice President or Head of Biometrics
Scorpion is a pioneering clinical-stage oncology company redefining the frontier of precision medicine to deliver optimized and transformational therapies for larger populations of patients with cancer. Scorpion has built a proprietary and fully integrated platform of the most advanced technologies across cancer biology, medicinal chemistry, and data sciences, with the goal of consistently and rapidly creating exquisitely selective small molecule compounds against an unprecedented spectrum of targets. Scorpion aims to leverage its platform to advance a broad pipeline of wholly owned, optimized compounds across three target categories: best-in-class molecules targeting validated oncogene targets; first-in-class molecules for previously undruggable targets; and first-in-class molecules for novel cancer targets.
Scorpion Therapeutics is seeking a highly experienced and dynamic individual to join our team as the Vice President or Head of Biometrics. Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer, the Vice President or Head of Biometrics will play a pivotal role in leading our biostatistics efforts, providing strategic direction, and ensuring the successful design, execution, and analysis of clinical trials.
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to the Biometrics team, including biostatistics and programming, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and innovation.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to design and optimize clinical trial protocols, ensuring statistical rigor, feasibility, and regulatory compliance.
- Oversee the statistical analysis of clinical trial data, including interim analyses, final analyses, and exploratory analyses, to support data-driven decision-making.
- Oversee the programming and data analysis of clinical trial data, including tables/listing/figures, aiding in the generation of data packages to support regulatory interactions, internal data generation and external publications and interactions.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines related to biostatistics, statistical analysis and data programming, including FDA and EMA regulations.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with statistical methodologies, data integrity, and regulatory compliance throughout the clinical development process.
- Interpret study results and collaborate with cross-functional teams to prepare high-quality clinical study reports, regulatory submissions, and scientific publications.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, external partners, and key opinion leaders to advance scientific understanding and contribute to the development of innovative cancer therapies.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a high-performing team of biostatisticians and programmers, fostering professional growth and excellence.
- Advanced Degree: PhD or MS in Biostatistics, Statistics, or a related field.
- Extensive experience (minimum 10 years) in biostatistics within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, with a strong emphasis on early clinical development.
- Proven track record of leadership and management in a biostatistics or statistical programming role, with demonstrated ability to lead and inspire cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in statistical methodologies, clinical trial design, and regulatory requirements related to biostatistics and statistical analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex statistical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to anticipate challenges, identify opportunities, and drive results in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative mindset with a track record of building strong relationships and driving alignment across cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Ability to be hands in activities as well as lead strategic aspects
Scorpion Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment. We do not discriminate for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Beginning October 13, 2021, Scorpion Therapeutics requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.