Sr HR Business Partner
Scipher Medicine has developed an exciting portfolio of personalized medicine solutions in complex diseases. Most patients who are prescribed blockbuster therapies today don’t respond to the treatment. Scipher's platform identifies which drug will work based on the patient's fundamental disease biology, and not based on symptoms, disease classification, or medical bias. A simple test predicts which drug he/she will respond to, ensuring that most optimal treatment is prescribed from day one. The molecular data generated by our tests is then used to fuel novel target discovery to address a clear unmet medical need in patients who do not respond to any existing therapy.
The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (Sr. HRBP) will play a key role in cultivating and supporting our culture and business operations.
What you'll do
- Utilize HR expertise and in-depth understanding of the business to be a strategic and trusted advisor to the leadership team to champion people strategies that drive business results
- Identify performance needs and gaps to direct the design and execution of succession and workforce planning strategies across the organization
- Partner with leadership and HR team to develop proactive organizational strategies to recruit and retain top-caliber talent in a high-performance environment
- Support performance management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)in pursuit of a culture of accountability and results-orientation, linking organizational and employee performance
- Proactively reduce employee relations issues with a pragmatic approach grounded in business need and results. Ensure compliance with company practices and state and federal employment laws; including thorough and objective investigations and recommending appropriate action
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources, Organizational Development or Business Administration; preferably a Masters' degree in an HR-related field or PHR/SPHR certification
- 3-5+ years of recent progressive relevant HR experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR-related principles & state and federal compliance and regulations
- Experience in life sciences, pharma, or similar industries is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in consulting with leaders to identify appropriate development experiences and solutions to improve individual and team performance
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and part of a team, to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Capable of coaching and training individuals in critical competencies
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Scipher is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?