Principal Data Scientist -Personalized Medicine
The Principal/Senior Data Scientist will lead the technical team to develop and apply state-of-the-art computational and statistical methods to deliver testable hypotheses and biological insights in Personalized Medicine.
What will I do?
- Drive the development of companies' platform and algorithms in collaboration with the research team.
- Maintain knowledge in latest scientific and technology advancements in the field of Systems Biology and Machine Learning
- Lead building state-of-the-art technology in target discovery and biomarker discovery using multi-omics data
- Contribute to high-quality documents and scientific publications
- Summarize and communicate results to project teams, provide intellectual input, and contribute to decision-making.
- Present the company’s scientific results internally and at leading industry conferences
- Deliver each project within agreed upon timelines
- Be direct and to the point
Minimum Education and Qualifications
- PhD in Physics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Machine Learning, Data Science, or relevant fields
- 5 plus years of experience in bioinformatics, systems biology
- Background in working with multi-omics, specifically gene expression data
- Skilled in implementing machine learning and statistical analysis to high dimension data
- Proficiency in coding (R and python are preferable)
- Familiar and experienced in network science approaches is preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients
- Passion in advancing frontiers of personalized medicine in complex diseases
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
To all recruitment agencies: Scipher Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Scipher Medicine employees. Scipher Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Scipher is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Something looks off?