Sapient is a fast-growing early-stage biotech company headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our focus is on accelerating drug development and transforming personalized medicine. Combining state-of-the-art mass spectrometry technology with advanced biocomputational services and multifaceted human health data, we enable biomarker discovery at unprecedented speed and scale to provide a deeper understanding of human biology and effectively align biological targets, patients, and drug therapies. We are a highly collaborative team of passionate scientists, clinicians, and engineers with expertise in various disciplines, committed to making innovations with scientific rigor. Ultimately, our platform technology enhances the precision and efficacy of treatments, touching and enhancing countless lives.
About the Role
We are in search of a foundational Principal Scientist who is primed to operate at the intersection of biology, big data, and mass spectrometry. This role will be a pivotal partner to laboratory operations leadership, driving client success, and communicating transformative biological insights to our customers. Within this capacity, you will steer study design, project plans, and orchestrate seamless handoff of information from scientific partners to laboratory personnel. Your scope of influence extends to bolstering the evolution and upkeep of Sapient quality systems while championing client projects.
What Awaits You
- Collaborate with top-tier thinkers and experts that promote personal and professional growth through enriching training initiatives.
- Assume ownership and effect immediate impact on an early-stage team, catalyzing improvements that stand to benefit countless lives.
- Contribute to all aspects of client engagements including study design, post-sale client-facing communication, study management, quality control, and results presentation.
What We're Looking For
- Holds a PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related life sciences discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in pharmaceuticals and/or biotechnology, ideally with exposure to mass spectrometry techniques.
- Has exposure to metabolomics and proteomics methodologies, including mass spectrometry, and data analysis.
- Enjoys educating internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage many tasks in parallel, complete projects on time, and work well in a team setting.
- Possesses a strong analytical mindset to interpret complex data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Thrives in collaborative environments, capable of working seamlessly with multidisciplinary teams that may include biologists, chemists, clinicians, software engineers, and data scientists.
- Exhibits meticulousness in work product to ensure accurate and reliable results.
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest advancements in precision medicine.
- Can articulate complex scientific concepts in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and in presentations
- Effective at collaborating with peers, mentoring junior researchers, and participating in scientific discussions.