Senior Product Manager
A career at Resilience is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to change the future.
Resilience is a technology-focused biomanufacturing company that’s changing the way medicine is made. We’re building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to better withstand disruptive events, serve scientific discovery, and reach those in need.
For more information, please visit www.resilience.com
For more information, visit www.resilience.com
As a Product Manager in Resilience’s Advanced R&D team, you will drive and guide the development of a next-generation cell therapy manufacturing and QC platform, serving to connect the technical teams with the business and our customers. On the business side you will endeavor to understand the market landscape, platform strategy, and customer and stakeholder needs. With the technical teams you will champion the product vision and direction, document requirements, foster focus and delivery, and prioritize development activities.
At Resilience we are taking an Agile approach to our platform development, which requires an especially intimate working relationship between the product and technical teams. As a Product Manager you are the principal representative of the product team in this framework and will be instrumental in maintaining and evolving the relationships and interfaces between the teams.
Ambiguity and uncertainty are constant companions in a fast-growing startup and the product team is essential to keep the team moving by balancing judicious decision making in the face of incomplete information with a drive for customer-focused development. Success in this role requires patience, compassion, curiosity, and a commitment to delivering value to our customers and stakeholders.
- Document and communicate the customer and stakeholder workflows, challenges, and needs, employing these to foster creative solution design in collaboration with other Resilience R&D teams.
- Bring the voice of the customer to scrum team meetings and events, workshops, feedback sessions, team launches, ideations, story mapping, and other interactive sessions.
- Negotiate tradeoffs in scope, time, and resources during development to maximize value for our customers and business
- Remove impediments and roadblocks to team progress via analytical thinking and by leaning on a strong network of relationships with others in the organization, and act as a point person for adaptation, improvisation, and finding creative solutions to such roadblocks.
- Support teams in writing effective user stories including acceptance criteria, prioritizing backlogs based on business value, and estimating work.
- Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership, and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance.
- Understand development dependencies that span multiple teams and radiate/visualize progress on shared Jira Projects. Identify, address, and communicate deviations from planned work.
- Ability to adapt to changing procedures and work environment with an open, positive, and constructive mindset, and to help foster this mindset across teams
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships and align teams with diverse perspectives
- Motivation and interest in advancing and exploring Agile practices as applied to the scientific space
- Strong motivation to make an impact and the curiosity to discover how best to do so
- Experience discovering and documenting customer and stakeholder needs via interviews, site visits, and surveys
Preferred Job Qualifications
- 5+ years of product management or upstream marketing in a life science or drug discovery company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desired, graduate degree highly desirable
- Experience in development of business case for product development and presenting to senior leadership is highly desirable
- Experience in the development of complex instruments and/or related software is highly desirable
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and the development of NGS assays is a plus
- Experience in the cell therapy markets, products, manufacturing, and QC is highly desirable
- Experience working in a Scrum or Agile environment is nice-to-have
Role/Site Specific Requirements
- Physical work This role is primarily a Sedentary role. This can include exerting up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.
- Visual acuity (such as: working with data & figures, viewing computer terminal, extensive reading, operating machinery, operating motor vehicles, general observations of facilities, etc.)
- Use of personal protective equipment (which can include respirators, Personal Air Purifying Respirators [PAPR], gowns, gloves, face protection, other barrier equipment, etc.)
- The ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Resilience is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or characteristic, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.Resilience offers employees a robust total rewards program including equity, an annual cash bonus program, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and our benefits package which is thoughtfully designed to support our employees with great healthcare (including medical, dental and vision), family building benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible time off, paid holidays, other paid leaves of absence, tuition reimbursement and support for caregiving needs. Our target annualized base pay hiring range for this position is $150,000.00 - $202,500.00. Actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s geographical location, relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge. Excited about Resilience and the biomanufacturing revolution? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation with one of our recruiters.