Specialist II, Logistics and Supply Chain
A career at Resilience is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to change the future.
Resilience is a technology-focused biomanufacturing company that’s changing the way medicine is made. We’re building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to better withstand disruptive events, serve scientific discovery, and reach those in need.
For more information, please visit www.resilience.com
Brief Job Description
The Specialist II, Logistics and Supply Chain will be responsible to manage all aspects of international and domestic temperature-controlled and non-temperature-controlled shipments from West Chester, Ohio and will act as the Export/Logistics SME for the site. He/She will act as the shipping and receiving scheduler for the site. The Export and Logistics Specialist will be responsible for change control to include creation, implementation, and update of any logistics related changes. He/She will raise and/or investigate complaints related to Supply/Logistics and Temperature Excursions. The Export and Logistics Specialist will act as point of contact with internal and external logistics service providers (Clients, Freight Forwarders, Carriers) and support the improvement of cost, security, temperature, and lead-time for the new and existing outbound and inbound routes. The specialist will collect, calculate, format and report key performance indicators for both buildings on a monthly basis. In addition, will be responsible to update and create SOPs related to export, logistics and transportation including temperature management.
- Manage export shipping activities, including the production of government, customs, freight forwarder and broker documentation requirements: Commercial invoice, Packing List, Certificate of Origin, SLI.
- Drive adherence to all 15CFR and related export regulations, and other regulatory requirements.
- Responsible to understand requirements, develop and document new export transportation lanes.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving schedule which includes: Booking Export shipments with Freight Forwarders, maintaining the visibility of the schedule in the SharePoint.
- Ensure expedited shipments are approved and rates for new and existing routes have been approved.
- Represent West Chester on Corporate project teams (for example, Distribution Network, Temperature Management Team, Product Launch Teams, Import/Export Team)
- Manage relationship with clients and freight forwarder(s), related to day to day inbound and outbound schedule.
- Responsible to monitor outbound shipments performance to include Temperature, Damage, On Time Delivery, Transit time and import clearance of export shipment.
- Raise Quality Events (complaint) for Temperature Excursions and Supply & Logistics issues.
- Investigate and close Quality Event(s) (complaint) related to Root Cause Temperature Excursion and support the resolution for Supply & Logistics complaints.
- Create, maintain, and provide shipping forecast for internal teams and freight forwarders.
- Ensure material classified as dangerous goods is shipped according to Department of Transportation, I.A.T.A./I.C.A.O. (Int’l Air Transport Assoc. / Int’l Civil Aviation Organization), I.M.O. (Int’l Maritime Civil Aviation Organization and Customs regulations).
- Manage requirements for reporting and documenting the export of materials requiring export licensing.
- Manage export document record retention
- Develop and manage SOPs related to all inbound and outbound activities out of the West Chester site.
- Support investigations, and assist to resolve finished goods-related claims, deviations and CAPAs raised by internal and external customers.
- Train warehouse personnel on requirements and changes related to inbound and outbound shipments.
- Act as company resource for questions regarding air/ocean/truck transportation.
- Complete required training and reading of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and technical documentation.
- Lead process improvement activities and teams to meet strategic goals.
- Communicate priorities and progress to team on a continuing basis.
- Facilitate and/or attend inter-departmental meetings to discuss progress, initiatives and/or matters involving the coordination of multiple departments.
- Read, understand, and comply with cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), including general safety, lock outs and so on.
- Conduct presentations (other than training) for different audiences.
- Consult cross-functionally as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on systems and/or processes within a functional area.
- Effectively create and work within complex global organization structures; and establish and maintain key global stakeholder relationships within and outside the organization.
- Experience in handling, coordinating, and scheduling all modes of transportation (air, sea, road), domestic and international.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of ERP (SAP a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to lead and direct people without functional relationship.
- Experience in a GMP and/or FDA regulated environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, logistics or related field.
- Applying Export Compliance to 15CFR adherence.
- Experience in handling, validating and researching cold chain shipments.
- Demonstrated experience implementing lean principles and tools.
- Experience in controlled documents system and quality systems.
Resilience is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or characteristic, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.Resilience offers employees a robust total rewards program including equity, an annual cash bonus program, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and our benefits package which is thoughtfully designed to support our employees with great healthcare (including medical, dental and vision), family building benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible time off, paid holidays, other paid leaves of absence, tuition reimbursement and support for caregiving needs. Our target annualized base pay hiring range for this position is $60,000.00 - $90,000.00. Actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s geographical location, relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge. Excited about Resilience and the biomanufacturing revolution? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation with one of our recruiters.