Automation Engineer III
A career at Resilience is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to change the future.
Resilience is a technology-focused biomanufacturing company that’s changing the way medicine is made. We’re building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to better withstand disruptive events, serve scientific discovery, and reach those in need.
For more information, please visit www.resilience.com
The Automation Engineer III is an experienced professional responsible for designing and enhancing programs across a wide spectrum of functions at the West Chester Site. In this role, you will oversee and execute projects spanning various departments within the site, including Formulation, Aseptic Filling, Automated Inspection, Device Assembly, Packaging, Building Automated System, AMHS, and a site-level Historian system. Collaboration with cross-functional teams, such as MS&T, Engineering, Digital, Quality, Validation, and other key stakeholders, is integral to defining requirements, project execution, and the sustained operation of multiple automated systems on-site.
This position is an excellent fit for Automation Engineers who possess problem-solving abilities and a service-oriented mindset. It provides an opportunity for professionals to expand their technical expertise while gaining exposure to a diverse array of systems and actively contributing to their growth and optimization.
- Interface with several types of equipment and systems, including but not limited to PLCs, SCADAs, HMIs, Servers, Databases, Data Historian, Visualization, and other automation equipment.
- Experience with networking, including but not limited to VLAN, Subnets, and IP protocols.
- Participate and support in the design, optimization, commissioning, or validation of newly procured or existing equipment as the automation lead.
- Consult cross-functionally and assist system owners in process development as the automation subject matter expert.
- Review and approve requirements, specifications, drawings, coding procedures, and guidelines.
- Provide technical guidance and train others on systems, software, equipment, machines, procedures, and/or processes.
- Communicate priorities and progress to the team on a continuing basis.
- High technical ability with a troubleshooting approach
- Identify temporary and permanent fixes to address issues.
- Review and approve documentation needed for the qualification of equipment and processes.
- Author, review, and revise SOPs and specifications to maintain equipment, systems, and/or facilities. Comply with all SOPs.
- Ensure proper documentation practices during maintenance processes.
- Recommend and initiate activities to ensure area and equipment are maintained in a state of compliance.
- Assess and implement improvements in productivity, waste generation, quality, and cost.
- Lead and coordinate investigations and studies with little supervision.
- Interact with regulatory agency personnel during audits and inspections.
- Perform quality audits to ensure devices used are in proper working condition.
- Provide 24/7 support to others as part of a rotating on-call support system.
- All other tasks as needed or assigned by the supervisor
- Significant experience supporting manufacturing operations in a regulated or cGMP environment
- Experience with the following Automation systems(PLC, HMI, SCADA): Rockwell, Inductive (Ignition), Aveva (Wonderware), Siemens, Emerson (GE), or B&R
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Experience with FactoryTalk Batch
- Experience with Data Historian and Visualization systems such as Aveva PI (OSI PI)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL database design
- Knowledge of GAMP 5 and ISA standards
- Knowledge of GMP principles (change control, deviation, CAPA, validation, and qualification)
Resilience is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or characteristic, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.Resilience offers employees a robust total rewards program including equity, an annual cash bonus program, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and our benefits package which is thoughtfully designed to support our employees with great healthcare (including medical, dental and vision), family building benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible time off, paid holidays, other paid leaves of absence, tuition reimbursement and support for caregiving needs. Our target annualized base pay hiring range for this position is $80,000.00 - $113,750.00. Actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s geographical location, relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge. Excited about Resilience and the biomanufacturing revolution? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation with one of our recruiters.