Laboratory Systems Engineer
Resilience is ushering in an era of “Biomanufacturing-as-a-Service” that we expect will displace in-house manufacturing as well as traditional contract manufacturing and development organizations (CDMOs). We see this as a paradigm shift in biomanufacturing akin to the IT industry’s adoption of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that rendered obsolete corporate-owned/operated data centers or corporate servers co-located in hosting facilities.
The Laboratory Systems Engineer provides Digital support and services for laboratory-based computer systems and is accountable for the end-to-end lifecycle of laboratory software. These lab computers and systems, used for both R&D and Production activities, enable our scientists to carry out critical experiments, our production teams to be more efficient, and our digital strategy.
The role requires interaction with various stakeholders, including laboratory managers, researchers, QC analysts, infrastructure and network engineers, and System owners/administrators.
The Laboratory Systems Engineer will work across technical and scientific domains, help to design and implement on-premise and cloud-based data and systems architectures and deliver initiatives around raw laboratory instrument data management practices and governance.
The Laboratory Systems Engineer will work closely with their peers across our Digitally Enabled sites to ensure maintain a consistent alignment and approach for operations and support of
The responsibility includes systems implementation, computer systems validation, project management, close-to-the-instrument support, and coordination with bioinformatics teams.
The successful candidate will implement solutions for cloud-native laboratory systems where possible, ensuring that data solutions meet the needs of our researchers and consumers of laboratory data, all while maintaining the highest level of information security, system integration, and data availability.
- Implement laboratory instrument systems with policies, standards, and procedures aligned with enterprise standards/templates.
- Deliver GxP validation planning and execution for on-premises and enterprise systems deployments
- Design and implement procedures for the support and management of laboratory computers and devices
- Ensure the secure connection of our systems, whether locally or to the cloud
- Provide direct support to the labs and act as an escalation point for enterprise systems events
- Implement software solutions for laboratory equipment, data management, and storage aligned with Enterprise Systems roadmap
- Relevant work experience in biotech/pharma administering LIMS, ELN, laboratory monitoring systems, and laboratory systems software
- Experience with laboratory equipment software
- Cloud-based systems implementation experience
- Experience with evaluating, implementing, and managing scientific data management platforms
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by growth/change and helps others manage through change
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent experience in IT or life science-related field
- 5 + years of relevant work experience in biotech/pharma administering LIMS, ELN, laboratory monitoring systems, and laboratory systems software
- 5 + years of experience with laboratory equipment software
- 2 + years of cloud-based systems implementation experience