Infrastructure Engineer, Network Support
RESILIENCE (National Resilience, Inc.) is a first-of-its-kind manufacturing and technology company dedicated to broadening access to complex medicines and protecting biopharmaceutical supply chains against disruption. Founded in 2020, the company is building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to ensure the medicines of today and tomorrow can be made quickly, safely, and at scale.
RESILIENCE will offer the highest quality and regulatory capabilities and flexible and adaptive facilities to serve partners of all sizes. By continuously advancing the science of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and development, RESILIENCE frees partners to focus on the discoveries that improve patients’ lives.
The Infrastructure Engineer, Network Support delivers a range of interrelated onsite specialist service offerings, adhering to the technical strategy and direction provided by Digital Site Head, to deliver effective solutions that meet customer and business needs.
The role is accountable for the End-to-End Resolution of IT networking technical issues while operating within required quality and compliance standards. Focus areas include Incident resolution, architectural review and consultation to new system implementation, support and consultation to business customers, small change or service introduction coordination, and local application specialism.
- Delivery of network technical support to the Site, including Manufacturing, Packaging, Laboratory, and Warehouse functional areas.
- Consultation with customers to support and balance the needs for effective system management, including planned and unplanned downtime periods, while minimizing impact to business operations.
- Performs highly complex work activities covering technical and quality aspects. Contributes to the delivery of the Digital strategy.
- Creatively applies technical and/or system management principles to identify the root cause and resolve technical issues.
- Absorbs complex technical information and communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences. Assesses and evaluates risk.
- Understand the implications of new technologies.
- Assists the user community in providing transition support and change planning and liaises with project and service teams.
- Assesses risks inherent in proposed system changes from a technical, service, and architectural perspective to ensure system continuity.
- Local Project Delivery and Coordination, including Tracking all locally managed projects, reporting on monthly delivery scorecards, and providing visibility of all locally delivered Digital projects.
- Local Service Introduction activities, including delivery and update of local system support models, analysis of new services and systems to ensure all support partners are correctly aligned and engaged, and ownership of the service acceptance criteria for local Operations systems
- Local Application Management involves acting as a focal point for all aspects of management of local applications, including development and maintenance of system lifecycle plans, expertise and guidance on the support and management of localized applications, application rationalization, support, and guidance to system owners.
- Experience working with Information Systems in a manufacturing environment or similar business field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Knowledge of the pharma industry, Systems, and Automation solutions
- Awareness of Quality and Compliance principles, Good Manufacturing or Good Laboratory Principles (GMP, GLP)
- Experience in Laboratory instrumentation and manufacturing Automation systems
- Demonstrated experience implementing lean principles and tools.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 5 + years of experience working with Information Systems in a manufacturing environment or similar business field.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, Information Services Management or Engineering.