A career at Resilience is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to change the future.
Resilience is a technology-focused biomanufacturing company that’s changing the way medicine is made. We’re building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to better withstand disruptive events, serve scientific discovery, and reach those in need.
For more information, please visit www.resilience.com
RESILIENCE (National Resilience, Inc.) is a first-of-its-kind manufacturing and technology company dedicated to broadening access to complex medicines and protecting biopharmaceutical supply chains against disruption. Founded in 2020, the company is building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to ensure the medicines of today and tomorrow can be made quickly, safely, and at scale.
RESILIENCE will offer the highest quality and regulatory capabilities and flexible and adaptive facilities to serve partners of all sizes. By continuously advancing the science of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and development,
RESILIENCE frees partners to focus on the discoveries that improve patients’ lives.
The Director of Revenue will establish working relationships, processes, and methodologies with critical stakeholders in the order-to-cash cycle and be responsible for accounting for all customer contracts.
This role will report to the Corporate Controller.
- Review customer contracts, change orders, SOWs, and project agreements to determine appropriate revenue recognition treatment under ASC 606
- Ensure accounting policy memos and supporting schedules are adequately analyzed and documented
- Consult with the technical accounting team on policy application to achieve consistency and optimal results
- Collaborate with subsidiary accounting teams
- Enhance and lead the month-end close process for revenue to ensure revenue journal entries are recorded timely and properly by US GAAP and internal policies
- Standardize monthly reporting package for revenue and provide relevant insight and explanation to financial results for accounting leadership and business partners
- Continuously improve and refine processes and procedures that can scale effectively as we grow to increase the efficiency and quality of the team’s deliverables
- Manage a team of revenue accountants
- Review journal entries as needed
- Partner cross-functionally to understand new/current revenue streams; lead the design and implementation of robust operational accounting processes and systems to support the franchises; foster relationships and interface with internal groups (including project management)
- Work collaboratively with FP&A and others within the organization to assist in understanding the Company’s actual revenue as well as help provide guidance to support revenue forecasting
- Support the sales and legal teams during deal negotiations; advise on transaction structure to align contract terms and business objectives
- Drive strong internal controls to ensure compliance with all financial reporting requirements and maintain proper SOX documentation
- Ensure work papers are documented at the highest standard
- Support the external audit and quarterly/annual financial reporting requirements by timely submitting PBC schedules and responses to inquiries
- Assist in the preparation of revenue and receivable disclosures for financial reporting and internal reporting
- Provide support on ad-hoc projects as required
- Revenue accounting experience
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, along with solid business acumen and judgment
- In-depth knowledge of ASC 606
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work collaboratively within different functions of the global Finance team and across multiple functions and levels within the organization
- Demonstrated track record of driving close accounting efficiencies and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills enabling simultaneous management of multiple projects
- Experience and interest in coaching junior talent
- Public audit accounting experience
- Biotech/pharmaceutical manufacturing experience
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- 10 – 12 + years of Revenue Accounting experience
- Mix of private, public and Big four company experience
- Experience with advanced ERP applications: Microsoft Dynamics 365, SAP, or Oracle
Resilience is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or characteristic, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.Resilience offers employees a robust total rewards program including equity, an annual cash bonus program, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and our benefits package which is thoughtfully designed to support our employees with great healthcare (including medical, dental and vision), family building benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible time off, paid holidays, other paid leaves of absence, tuition reimbursement and support for caregiving needs. Our target annualized base pay hiring range for this position is $170,000.00 - $222,500.00. Actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s geographical location, relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge. Excited about Resilience and the biomanufacturing revolution? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation with one of our recruiters.