Senior Product Manager, Assay Operations
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will help manage the development of the world’s leading tech-enabled drug discovery platform. You will work with peers across the company to grow Recursion’s capabilities in large-scale biological data generation. In particular, you will:
- Enable data at scale –unlock the power of data to decode biology by scaling our data generation and insights.
- Guide strategy and new use cases of our transcriptomics platform across drug discovery and machine learning.
- Optimize our Compound Library to ensure better efficiency, quality, and overall throughput
- Multiply a cross-disciplinary team of data scientists, research scientists, and engineers.
- Plan and coordinate delivery of complex, high-impact initiatives.
This position is based at our headquarters in Salt Lake City, UT.
The Team You’ll Join
You will be the Product Manager primarily working on data generation for our high throughput transcriptomics platform as well as overall high throughput assay operations. This state of the art system spans an automated experimental laboratory and software products for the capture, management, transformation and analysis of high volume NGS data. The team spans operations, engineering, robotics, machine learning, biology and data science to enable high quality drug discovery at scale through massive ML-analytics and large-throughput transcriptomics in multi-well plate format. You will own optimizing the efficiency, workflows, and overall operations of this crucial assay, as well as enabling the next generation of use cases to support Recursion in its mission to decode biology. In addition, you will take a pan optimization view to how we can better structure operations globally within our high throughput operations, and more specifically, how we can rethink our systems and operations for compound management.
Recursion’s Product team translates company-level strategy into specific internal development initiatives and capabilities. We decide what to build and articulate the why, while supporting builders to own the how. We focus our decisions and are held accountable for impact over the longer-term (months to years). Join us to guide the development of the industry’s first truly industrialized drug discovery engine.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 3+ years experience in product management, including strategy, planning, prioritizing, building, implementation, and gathering feedback for complex team efforts.
- Experience with complex lab operations
- Experience delivering multi-team products and evolving existing products.
- Experience with domain-driven design and internal products.
- Experience scaling and delivering a complex product with lean operations principles.
- Ability to translate between customer needs from chemists, biologists, lab operations, data scientists, and other technical users.
- Lifelong learner with a creative, collaborative approach.
- Machine Learning or Software background is not necessary, but intellectual curiosity is a must!
How You’ll be Supported
- Regular 1:1s with manager provides opportunities for support and feedback
- Learning and development through conferences, certifications, and courses
- Onboarding process with introductions to product area stakeholders
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.
Something looks off?