Director of Statistical Science
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You’ll Make
Recursion is at the forefront of reimagining drug discovery through the integration of automated cell biology, high-dimensional and diverse data sets, and sophisticated analytics. We are seeking a forward-thinking Director, Statistical Science to spearhead the analysis, visualization, and reporting of clinical and real-world data across regulatory and exploratory settings. In this role, you will:
- Develop, implement, and maintain GxP compliant statistical applications utilizing R, R-Shiny, Python, and SAS to streamline and expedite the analysis of data from both clinical trials and real-world sources, supporting clinical programs, regulatory submissions, and external disclosures.
- Drive the adoption of innovative programming technologies and workflows to enhance the efficiency of clinical data review, cleaning, reconciliation, and integration. Additionally, develop analytics tools that enable effective data monitoring and knowledge discovery of clinical and real-world data.
- Serve as the lead programmer across clinical programs, ensuring the development and quality control of tables, listings, figures, analysis datasets, in accordance with industry standards such as CDISC, SDTM, and ADaM. Conduct exploratory statistical analysis to support key decision-making.
- Establish departmental SOPs and other processes to adhere to industry and regulatory requirements. Develop standard data templates to facilitate AI-enabled document generation, including Protocols, Investigator’s Brochures (IBs), and Development Safety Update Reports (DSURs).
This is a majority remote position with travel to the Salt Lake City headquarters as needed.
The Team You’ll Join
As Director, Statistical Science, you'll report directly to the Vice President, Biometrics and will be a key member of the Biometrics Leadership Team. The Biometrics Team is an innovation-driven and execution-minded group of drug development professionals responsible for supporting Recursion's innovative science through novel trial design, data collection, integration, and analysis, and enabling data-driven decision making.
The Experience You’ll Need
- MS degree in Biostatistics or related discipline with an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field.
- 10+ years of statistics and programming experience with advanced knowledge in pharmaceutical, biotechnology industries, and 5+ years of serving as Lead Biostatistician or Statistical Programmer across multiple therapeutic areas.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAS, R, and R-Shiny and mastery of complex graphing techniques to derive analysis datasets, produce tables, figures and listings (TFLs), and conduct exploratory analyses.
- Skilled in developing open-source R packages and visual analytics for exploratory and interactive data analysis, visualization, and insight generation.
- Expert knowledge of data standards including CDISC, SDTM, and ADaM, and relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Experience with regulatory submissions in the US, Europe, and other regions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including ability of conflict management and resolution.
- Experience in oncology and rare disease clinical trials.
How You’ll be Supported
- Peer mentor assigned for onboarding during first 30 days
- Regular 1:1 meeting with supervisor for support and feedback
- Weekly Biometrics Leadership Team Meeting for alignment
- Attendance to professional and technical conference paid by company once a year
At Recursion, we believe that every employee should be compensated fairly. Based on the skill and level of experience required for this role, the estimated current annual base range for this role is:
- Developing: $250,000.00
- Skilled: $277,000.00
- Expert: $ 305,000.00
- Developing: $205,000.00
- Skilled: $228,000.00
- Expert: $ 251,000.00
To learn more about our level within levels, click here.
You will also be eligible for bonuses and equity compensation + our comprehensive benefits package for United States based candidates. The range displayed on each job posting reflects target ranges for US new hire salaries and is determined by job, level, and market factors.
During the interview selection process, you will connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who will be your advocate and ally to ensure you receive the appropriate compensation that meets your needs for your skills, experience, and relevant education/training, while also reviewing our very competitive total rewards package.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Recursion is a clinical stage TechBio company leading the space by decoding biology to industrialize drug discovery. Enabling its mission is the Recursion OS, a platform built across diverse technologies that continuously expands one of the world’s largest proprietary biological and chemical datasets. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to distill from its dataset a collection of trillions of searchable relationships across biology and chemistry unconstrained by human bias. By commanding massive experimental scale — up to millions of wet lab experiments weekly — and massive computational scale — owning and operating one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, Recursion is uniting technology, biology and chemistry to advance the future of medicine.
Recursion is headquartered in Salt Lake City, where it is a founding member of BioHive, the Utah life sciences industry collective. Recursion also has offices in Toronto, Montreal and the San Francisco Bay Area. Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.