Director, Drug Development Project Management
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You’ll Make
As the Director, Drug Development Project Management at Recursion, you will be a key leader in developing and driving the execution of our clinical phase assets. You will make significant contributions in the execution of the clinical development portfolio and play a key role in the strategic planning by working cross-functionally to plan, organize, and risk mitigate our clinical programs to ensure successful delivery.
As a TechBio company, we seek out individuals who question the status quo in the drug development process and have innovative ideas and passion to disrupt it. Our desire is for this individual to embrace our technology capabilities, seek for areas of disruption and contribute to our mission to radically improve lives. You will make significant contributions in the execution of the clinical development portfolio and play a key role in the strategic planning by working cross-functionally to plan, organize, and risk mitigate our clinical programs to ensure successful delivery.
In this role, you will:
- Partner to guide the strategy for Recursion’s clinical programs by shaping the approach and cross functional delivery
- Create a best-in-class project management capability that consistently delivers our portfolio goals
- Innovate, be curious, and explore new technologies and innovations to improve operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Lead the planning and execution of the cross functional development organization to deliver its portfolio goals and objective
Making Salt Lake City your home base is ideal, however, we will consider remote work for this position. We ask that remote employees commit to regular on-site visits for routine work and departmental events.
The Team You’ll Join
As the Director of Project Manager at Recursion, you will be an essential member of the Recursion Development Team. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of drug development professionals responsible for translating Recursion's innovative science to patients through clinical development activities. In this role, you will contribute to the strategy, planning and execution of Recursion’s clinical stage studies in an exciting TechBio environment. You will make a significant day-to-day impact and your insights will help to shape our future direction.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, PMP certification preferred
- 10+ years of experience project/program management experience in the pharmaceutical industry focused on drug development
- Proven track record of success in leading and managing complex projects be demonstrating an ability to deliver on time, at cost and ensuring quality
- Demonstrated ability to convert strategic objectives into tactical, cross functional plans
- Demonstrated experience in managing project teams, and proactively communicating and managing change across the diverse drug development functions
- Ensure program strategy aligns with product value proposition, the program scope and the strategic business development opportunities
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills with an ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences in a matrixed organization
- Serve as an escalation point for project issues to key stakeholders, as appropriate. Proactively identify and resolve conflicts as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Smartsheet
How You’ll be Supported
- Leadership and mentoring opportunities that align with your ambitions and capability growth objectives
- Attending conferences to share and to seek perspectives to remain cutting edge on drug development and project management operations
At Recursion, we believe that every employee should be compensated fairly. Based on the skill and level of experience required for this role, the estimated current annual base range for this role is:
To learn more about our level within levels, click here.
You will also be eligible for bonuses and equity compensation + our comprehensive benefits package for United States based candidates. The range displayed on each job posting reflects target ranges for US new hire salaries and is determined by job, level, and market factors.
During the interview selection process, you will connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who will be your advocate and ally to ensure you receive the appropriate compensation that meets your needs for your skills, experience, and relevant education/training, while also reviewing our very competitive total rewards package.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Recursion is a clinical stage TechBio company leading the space by decoding biology to industrialize drug discovery. Enabling its mission is the Recursion OS, a platform built across diverse technologies that continuously expands one of the world’s largest proprietary biological and chemical datasets. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to distill from its dataset a collection of trillions of searchable relationships across biology and chemistry unconstrained by human bias. By commanding massive experimental scale — up to millions of wet lab experiments weekly — and massive computational scale — owning and operating one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, Recursion is uniting technology, biology and chemistry to advance the future of medicine.
Recursion is headquartered in Salt Lake City, where it is a founding member of BioHive, the Utah life sciences industry collective. Recursion also has offices in Toronto, Montreal and the San Francisco Bay Area. Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.