Research Associate / Senior Research Associate - Non Clinical
At Quell we seek to deliver truly innovative, life-changing therapies for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical company bringing transformational and valued therapies for a range of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as preventing rejection in organ transplantation, based on modular engineered Tregs.
Quell Therapeutics Ltd (“Quell”), the world leader in the development of engineered T-regulatory (Treg) cell therapies for serious medical conditions driven by the immune system, announced it has raised $156 million in an oversubscribed Series B financing. The financing round was co-led by Jeito Capital, Ridgeback Capital Investments, SV Health Investors and Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC with participation from founding investor Syncona. New investors include British Patient Capital through its Future Fund: Breakthrough program, Janus Henderson Investors, Monashee Investment Management, Point72 and funds managed by Tekla Capital Management LLC
A Senior Research Associate role to support the delivery of experiments
- Design and execute research on well-defined activities and projects
- Take responsibility for logistical and administrative tasks associated with laboratory work.
- Provide support within the team to complete research projects.
- Support on day-to-day laboratory operations to ensure smooth running of the lab.
- Plan and execute experiments; take responsibility for the design, completion and analysis of assays required by the team.
- Contribute to the development of ex vivo/in vitro assays.
- Understand project goals and execute well-defined scientific experiments.
- Interpret results and evaluate data.
- Contribute to administrative tasks associated with laboratory work.
- Draft well-organised documents (SOPs) and reports.
- Participate constructively and present data in working teams and at lab meetings.
- Provide training to more junior staff.
- Represent Quell values whilst interreacting with external stakeholders.
- Comply with good lab practices and company policies.
- Maintenance of cell lines required for in vitro assays.
- Isolation and in vitro culture of primary cells for scientific experiments.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of a variety of in vitro assays and techniques (immunological models preferred).
- Experience with cell culture and aseptic techniques.
- Good laboratory skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete research projects under supervision.
- Immunology background · Treg, T cell or CAR-T cell experience · Primary cell culture experience (murine and human)
- In vitro cell culture
- Microsoft office proficient
- Flow cytometry experience
- In vitro assay development
- Molecular biology experience
Soft Skills / Personal Qualities
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A team player who is willing to be adaptable and take on new tasks to deliver on team goals.
- Good communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail with good accountability and integrity.
- Reliable with a good working attitude.
- Masters degree or native equivalent
- Bachelors degree in scientific discipline