Production Scientist II
At Quell we seek to deliver truly innovative, life-changing therapies for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical company bringing transformational and valued therapies for a range of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as preventing rejection in organ transplantation, based on modular engineered Tregs.
Quell Therapeutics Ltd (“Quell”), the world leader in the development of engineered T-regulatory (Treg) cell therapies for serious medical conditions driven by the immune system, announced it has raised $156 million in an oversubscribed Series B financing. The financing round was co-led by Jeito Capital, Ridgeback Capital Investments, SV Health Investors and Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC with participation from founding investor Syncona. New investors include British Patient Capital through its Future Fund: Breakthrough program, Janus Henderson Investors, Monashee Investment Management, Point72 and funds managed by Tekla Capital Management LLC
The Production Scientist will be responsible for the development of Manufacturing novel products from Process Development. Working within a team, the Production Scientist will work within a GMP environment, process documents according to SOPs, maintain and operate a QMS to ensure all findings are recorded and support the lab in operating in a clean and sterile laboratory. The successful candidate will also work collaboratively with other teams in CMC to develop good working relationships across the organisation
This position offers an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated Scientist to contribute to a key part of our work. Quell offers an exciting and highly dynamic environment focused on developing cutting-edge Treg therapies.
- Batch Manufacturing within a GMP setting
- Support the scale up of Manufacturing operations in line with GMP standards
- Draft and maintain SOP’s and batch records
- Recording all activities and deviations within the QMS
- Identify new working practices to streamline / standardise processes
- Act and support the team effort in identifying process risk assessments
- Maintain a clean and sterile working environment
- Support and mentor more junior members of staff
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc or MSc degree in a Biological Science, Biotechnology, Immunology related field
- Experience in a GMP Manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of and skilled with multi-parameter Flow Cytometry
- Work co-operatively as part of a team as well as independently
- Good attention to detail and record keeping
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, supporting one another and held accountable for project deliverables.
- Personal drive and goal orientation.
- Detail-orientated and accurate.
- Professional and personable communication skills.
- Driven to solve problems pragmatically.
- Demonstrates strong organisational and prioritisation skills to manage a diverse workload.
- Good working attitude, reliability, and flexibility.
- Desire to work with integrity and act as an ambassador for Quell and the wider business.
- Holidays: 25 days per year.
- Life Assurance: 4 x base salary.
- Group Personal Pension: Auto enrolled at 6% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution.
- Private Medical Insurance for your whole family.
- Annual Bonus.
- Fantastic collaborative environment at Translation & Innovation Hub
- $156 Million in investment, including brand new lab equipment, innovative methods and exposure to cutting edge technology
- Flexible working
- Fast paced and progressive company looking for future leaders and innovators