Senior Software Engineer
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 12, 2021
Q Bio is building technology for the Physical of the Future that measures more, faster and cheaper about the human body, to enable proactive primary care for all. We're revolutionizing primary care with the first clinical digital twin platform, powered by breakthrough whole-body scanning technology, that highlights the most important changes in a person’s physiology for sharing with physicians and specialists anywhere in the world.
Q Bio’s clinical digital twin platform, Gemini, is the first to capture and monitor comprehensive baseline patient health in a scalable virtual model. The Gemini Dashboard highlights the most important chemical and anatomical changes in an individual weighted by an individual’s lifestyle, genetic and medical history, that can be securely shared with physicians and specialists all over the world.
Gemini is powered by the fastest, most accessible, whole body scanner developed: the Mark I. Self-driving and optimized for primary care, the Mark I can complete a whole-body scan in 15 minutes or less in an open space, without radiation, breath holds, or claustrophobia. Patient comfort is maximized with the option to sit, stand, or lie down, and real-time telemetry is displayed throughout.
Why should you consider a career with Q Bio?
We dream big. Our team is aligned and excited about the opportunity to save lives and understand the human body like never before. We know how critical empowering and supportive leadership is, both to our excellence as a company, and for our team experience as a whole, and our leadership team will empower and support career growth. We’re a team of engineers, scientists, and operators who come from a diverse background of disciplines and experiences. We value teamwork, growth, determination and persistence, commitment to collaboration, and a reliance on staying nimble while keeping the big picture in mind.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for helping us build a cloud based web services platform that will serve as the backend for our whole body scanner of the future. This is an opportunity to partner with our Radiomics team to develop and transform one of the most advanced image processing and reconstruction pipelines into a cloud service provider. We're looking for engineers that are strong collaborators who can work across teams with our researchers to refine engineering requirements and develop software tools that they can use for scientific applications.
- Degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years professional experience as software engineer
- 2+ Years experience in object oriented programming language
- Experience with source control and code reviews
- Ability to read low level documentation and architect solutions
- Exceptionally clear communication with software engineers and scientists
- Experience with Python
- Experience building AWS services
- HTTP API Design/implementation
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with EHR systems and integration in a data pipeline
- Experience with 3D mesh generation pipelines
- Competitive salary and equity in a well-funded, early stage startup
- Healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Progressive paid family leave and sick leave plans
- Complimentary annual Q Exam
- Personalized catered meals every day
- Opportunity to work on a highly interdisciplinary team and become an expert in computational biology, biotechnology, and the cutting edge of digital healthtech while getting hands on experience with it!
In the San Francisco Bay Area, the standard pay range for this role is $160,000-$190,000 annualized. This pay range is for the San Francisco Bay Area and is not applicable to locations outside of this location or for remote roles. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and work location. In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer significant equity and an employee-friendly stock option plan. Employees will also be eligible to participate in benefits plans available to other similarly situated employees subject to any eligibility requirements imposed by such plans.
Q Bio was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneur Jeffrey Kaditz, Dr. Michael Snyder, Chair of Genetics and Director of Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, and Dr. Garry Choy, physician, radiologist, and former Chief Medical Information Officer at Mass General Hospital. Q Bio has raised over $80M from world class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, SciFi VC, and many more.
Q Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Q Bio
Something looks off?