Senior Product Designer
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Q Bio is building technology for the Physical of the Future that measures more, faster and cheaper about the human body, to enable proactive primary care for all. We're revolutionizing primary care with the first clinical digital twin platform, powered by breakthrough whole-body scanning technology, that highlights the most important changes in a person’s physiology for sharing with physicians and specialists anywhere in the world.
Q Bio’s clinical digital twin platform, Gemini, is the first to capture and monitor comprehensive baseline patient health in a scalable virtual model. The Gemini Dashboard highlights the most important chemical and anatomical changes in an individual weighted by an individual’s lifestyle, genetic and medical history, that can be securely shared with physicians and specialists all over the world.
Gemini is powered by the fastest, most accessible, whole body scanner developed: the Mark I. Self-driving and optimized for primary care, the Mark I can complete a whole-body scan in 15 minutes or less in an open space, without radiation, breath holds, or claustrophobia. Patient comfort is maximized with the option to sit, stand, or lie down, and real-time telemetry is displayed throughout.
Why should you consider a career with Q Bio?
We dream big. Our team is aligned and excited about the opportunity to save lives and understand the human body like never before. We know how critical empowering and supportive leadership is, both to our excellence as a company, and for our team experience as a whole, and our leadership team will empower and support career growth. We’re a team of engineers, scientists, and operators who come from a diverse background of disciplines and experiences. We value teamwork, growth, determination and persistence, commitment to collaboration, and a reliance on staying nimble while keeping the big picture in mind.
This is the first full time Product Design role at Q Bio and will afford significant ownership and autonomy. You will own the entire product design lifecycle for the Gemini Dashboard and have the opportunity to apply your experience to establish a strong design function at the company.
- Partner closely with product, engineering, data, ops and clinicians to deeply understand customer needs and craft exceptional product experiences that meet those needs and build towards our long term vision.
- Collaborate with product & engineering to establish a strong design system and processes that help ensure quick & high-quality implementation against your designs.
- Run cross-functional ideation and brainstorming sessions to capture the best ideas the team has to offer and ensure they feel included in the design process.
- Contribute to defining and running approaches to get high quality and specific qualitative feedback from our members and clinicians.
- Lead the creation of our product design principles, detailed customer personas and other important inputs you feel will focus and level up the quality of design at Q Bio.
- Collaborate with leadership on evolving our product vision and roadmap, bringing a strong design and customer centric point of view to the table.
- Work with leadership to set the long term vision for Product Design at Q Bio and pragmatically scale the team up with the company.
- 5+ years of relevant product design experience working within exceptional product development teams.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating elegant solutions to complex problems and a passion for visual design, interaction details, typography, structure and attention to detail.
- Comfortable with ambiguity & complexity and excited to take ownership, go deep in complex contexts and deliver solutions.
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills.
- You know when to be scrappy and when to be rigorous to be most effective. You’re comfortable receiving and addressing critiques from anyone.
- Enough familiarity with front-end web technologies and languages to effectively collaborate with engineers, consider tradeoffs and deliver achievable designs.
Benefits offered at Q Bio include:
- Competitive salary and equity in a well-funded, early stage startup
- Healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Progressive paid family leave and sick leave plans
- Complimentary annual Gemini Exam
- Personalized catered meals every day
- Opportunity to work on a highly interdisciplinary team and become an expert in computational biology, biotechnology, and the cutting edge of digital health-tech while getting hands-on experience with it!
Q Bio was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneur Jeffrey Kaditz, Dr. Michael Snyder, Chair of Genetics and Director of Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, and Dr. Garry Choy, physician, radiologist, and former Chief Medical Information Officer at Mass General Hospital. Q Bio has raised over $80M from world class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, SciFi VC, and many more.
Q Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Q Bio
Something looks off?