Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist, Oligonucleotide In-process Analytics in Process Chemistry
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
We are currently seeking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Associate /Senior Associate Scientist with interest and experience in HPLC and/or mass spectrometry to join our oligonucleotide in-process analytics team in the Process Chemistry department at Prime. The individual will play a key role in the application and development of a variety of in-process analytical methods for the characterization of Prime’s guide RNA portfolio.
This is a hands-on role that provides an exciting opportunity to gain direct experience in in-process analytical method development and sample analysis support for long guide RNA process development, optimization, and manufacturing. The ideal candidate will work under the supervision of senior staff, and will be contribute to various assignments independently. The successful candidate must be highly dependable, details-oriented, and multitasking with demonstrated ability for generating high-quality data in a team setting.
- Conduct sample analysis for characterization, and draft test report for synthetic guide RNAs, following experimental design, protocols, and abiding by standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Maintain lab analytical instruments such as UPLC, LC-TOF, nanodrop, pH meter in good operational conditions.
- Assist with all aspects of in-process analytics development for oligonucleotide, including sample analysis, method development, release/ impurity analysis/ stability assays/ method qualification.
- Contribute to new in-process analytics development to augment the growing need in analytical capabilities in process development.
- Organize, and present experimental data in both written and oral format at the cross-functional internal team meetings.
- Ability to take directions from senior management and execute in a timely manner.
- Conduct laboratory work in safe, efficient manner that ensures a safe working environment for colleagues.
- Capacity to be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment.
- Willingness to learn new skill and process.
- Maintain electronic notebook and sample submission logbook.
- BS or MS in Chemistry or related discipline with 0-5 years of industry experience.
- Familiarity with analytical techniques and data interpretation for HPLC, LC-MS, or UV-Vis is required; hands-on experience with Agilent UPLC and LC-TOF is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software is required; documentation in electronic notebook experience is a plus.
- Good knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry and its characterization is a plus.
- Working experience in process development and analytical development of oligonucleotides or intact proteins is a plus.
- Previous experience with impurity analysis and stability assay is a plus, but not required.
- Basic coding experience is a plus but not required.
- Capable of continuous improvement, learning new things, being open-minded, curious, highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Highly self-motivated, driven, can-do, make it happen attitude.
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Commuting benefits including subway, commuter rail, parking, Blue bikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- A great work environment to learn and grow professionally. Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.