Associate /Senior Associate Scientist, Oligonucleotide Purification Science in Process Chemistry
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
We are currently seeking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Associate /Senior Associate Scientist to join our guide RNA purification science team within the Process Chemistry organization. The individual will perform a wide range of routine and non-routine assigned research experiments for Prime Medicine’s highly chemically modified long guide RNA purification and downstream operations. This is a hand-on role where the successful candidate will involve in day-to-day activities in crude UF/DF, purification, pooling, desalting, lyophilization, and analysis of guide RNA oligonucleotides. The ideal candidate will work under the supervision with senior staff, and/or independently and help to grow our internal capabilities in synthetic guide RNA production and process optimization. This purification development role will interface with medicinal chemistry, analytical, delivery, computational, and biology teams to advance Prime’s programs to the clinic and beyond.
- Perform routine and non-routine jobs for purification of long guide RNA, tangential flow filtration (TFF) for desalting/concentration and lyophilization to solid powder using various state-of-the-arts laboratory equipment.
- Produce milligram to gram scale of long guide RNA using Agilent prep or AKTA purifier in the process chemistry lab to support in vitro and in vivo programs.
- Perform lead optimization study for long guide RNA sequence to establish critical process parameters for process scale up.
- Organize, and present experimental data in both written and oral format at the cross-functional internal team meetings.
- Maintain lab instruments such as Agilent prep system, AKTA purifiers, and UPLC in good operational conditions.
- Able to take directions from senior management and execute in a timely manner
- Conduct laboratory work in safe, efficient manner that ensures a safe working environment for colleagues
- Capacity to be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment
- Maintain electronic notebook.
- BS or MS in Chemistry or related discipline with 0-6 years of industry experience
- Good knowledge about nucleic acid purification techniques is a plus
- Working experience in process development, scale up, and manufacture of oligonucleotides is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with analytical techniques and data interpretation HPLC, LC-MS, UV-Vis is preferred
- Highly self-motivated, driven, can-do, make it happen attitude with ability to own and drive projects
- Capable of continuous learning, open-minded, curious, highly organized, and detail-oriented
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.