Spring 2024 Co-op: Medicinal Chemistry
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
Co-Op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Spring 2024 semester with experience in organic synthesis and analysis to join the mRNA Chemistry team. The candidate involved in this role will would be using their skills to establish new synthesis and purification workflows for Prime’s mRNA.
- Assisting with chemical reaction setup
- Preparing analytical samples and running them on HPLC
- Buffer preparation for analytical and purification method development
- Chromatography techniques towards purification of small and large molecules using MPLC, AKTA and prep-HPLC
- Recording all the experimental work in ELN
- Data analysis, interpretation, and presentations within the team
- B.S. candidate in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy
- Basic knowledge of organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, and biochemistry.
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Hands-on experience with organic synthesis is preferred.
- Experience with basic analytical chemistry techniques (HPLC, etc)
- Familiarity with excel and PowerPoint for data analysis.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent problem-solving abilities
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
NOTE: We are currently not considering co-op candidates outside of the local Boston/Cambridge area.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.