Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
- Serve as financial and strategic business partner to functional groups understanding financial needs and providing support
- Serve as a finance representative on cross functional product development teams, managing program budgets, scenario planning and allocation of program resources both as part of formal forecast cycles and to meet ad hoc needs
- Work with functional leaders to prepare periodic forecasts, annual budget, and long-range plan processes, including driving trade-off discussions
- Contribute to company cash flow forecasting and ad hoc corporate finance initiatives, with potential to take on an expanded corporate finance role depending on candidate background.
- Work closely with cost center managers, HR counterparts and other key stakeholders to ensure rigorous financial management on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Partner with Accounting to assist with monthly and quarterly book close processes and external audit requests
- Ensure associated financial risks and opportunities, both near and longer-term are identified and reviewed periodically
- Create and present reports and analyses to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Economics/Accounting/Finance or similar
- 10+ years finance experience, with FP&A experience within a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- Knowledge of accounting statements and financial reporting
- Excellent analytic skills; highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint with strong computer skills
- Ability to operate both strategically (big picture) and operationally (small picture)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to navigate in a high growth environment
- Highly collaborative with strong influencing skills and track record of exceptional business partnership
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced setting
- MBA strongly preferred
- Financial modeling and experience with valuation
- Experience working in a dynamic, matrixed environment
- Experience with FP&A planning tools
- Experience supporting a biotech/pharma Manufacturing organization including experience with S&OP planning and inventory
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Something looks off?