PostEra is building a modern 21st century biopharma. We’re using our advances in machine learning to close the Design-Make-Test cycle of Medicinal Chemistry and bring more cures to patients.
What are we working on?
- Internal pipeline
- Pharma partnerships
- LOTS of ML + Eng for Hit Identification and custom data infrastructure
PostEra is building a modern biopharma, using machine learning to accelerate medicinal chemistry, to develop cures for diseases, faster. We've raised $26M from top investors, secured a $68M NIH partnership to prevent pandemics, and established a $260M partnership with Pfizer. We also launched and help lead the world's largest open-science initiative to find a COVID antiviral; COVID Moonshot.
As our first Finance Hire, you will join the Business Team and work closely with our CEO to take responsibility for much of PostEra’s day-to-day finances while supporting the financial health of the company through both short term and long term planning. We’re looking for someone who loves numbers, is passionate about moving fast at a growing startup, has a military-grade attention to detail, and can think both small and big picture when it comes to Finance.
What you would do
- Collaborate with internal teams to track budgets and spend
- Collaborate with our external accounting, tax and HR teams teams to ensure we have a full and complete view of PostEra’s finances while ensuring we are compliant with all financial requirements
- Conduct financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting to support business planning
- Monitor financial performance and provide recommendations to optimize spend
- Develop and maintain financial models, dashboards, and reports; automate as much as you can
- Participate in the development of long-term financial plans and budgeting processes
Experience and skills you should have
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or STEM field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Financial Controlling/Analysis
- Proficiency in financial modeling and forecasting
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial software
- Knowledge of financial principles, practices, and regulations
Bonus experience and skills
- Experience working with Biotech finances
- Interest and/or experience in Life Sciences and Drug Discovery
- Familiarity with Brex, Pry and Quickbooks
Visit us at postera.ai
Machine Learning - A wide range including Graph Neural Nets, Transformers and RL.
Tech Stack - Django back-end with React front-end all on AWS for our web development. High-performance languages (Rust) and Postgres databases.