Reproductive Endocrinologist (eq. Principal Scientist)
PostEra is building a modern 21st century biopharma. We’re using our advances in machine learning to close the Design-Make-Test cycle of Medicinal Chemistry and bring more cures to patients.
What are we working on?
- Internal pipeline
- Pharma partnerships
- LOTS of ML + Eng for Hit Identification and custom data infrastructure
PostEra is building a modern biopharma, using machine learning to accelerate medicinal chemistry, to develop cures for diseases, faster. We've raised $26M from top investors, secured a $68M NIH partnership to prevent pandemics, and established a $260M partnership with Pfizer. We also launched and help lead the world's largest open-science initiative to find a COVID antiviral; COVID Moonshot.
PostEra pioneered many of the advances in AI for Medicinal Chemistry and uses its platform to drive drug discovery projects from Target to Development Candidate. In addition to multi-year deals with partners like Pfizer and the NIH, we are now building internal drug discovery capabilities and an internal portfolio in Women’s Health and Reproductive Medicine.
What you would do
- Biology Lead on multiple programs, from target validation to lead optimization.
- Implement biology capabilities associated with PostEra’s targets from in vitro pharmacology, biology to in vivo efficacy models.
- Manage implementation and execution of key experiments at multiple CROs and analyze and report data to internal team.
- Assist the Head of Biology in building in-house capabilities, including in vivo pharmacology capabilities.
- Work closely with ML researchers on building target ID tools.
- Work closely with the Head of Biology and CSO to identify and evaluate targets for Women’s Health and Reproductive Medicine.
- Build the strategy associated with targets of interest, from market research to target product profile, define assay cascade and critical Go/No Go.
Experience and skills you should have
- PhD in biology or related discipline with >4 years industry experience in the field of Reproductive Endocrinology, Reproductive Biology, Fertility, Uterine/Gonadal Biology, Neuroendocrinology or related field
- Broad experience in disease biology, mechanistic understanding of pathways and translational in vitro AND in vivo models and tools relevant for research in fertility and reproductive medicine (Preferably PCOS, endometriosis and/or other male and female infertility disorders).
- Excellent skills in in vivo pharmacology, developing disease models for both target validation and evaluation of efficacy and toxicity of lead molecules.
- Adept at navigating and influencing a multi-disciplinary matrix environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Willing to travel up to 10% annually.
Bonus experience and skills
- Experience working with non-human primates a plus.
- Experience with basic rodent surgery a plus.
- Expertise in Histology strongly preferred.
- Experience with metabolic disorders a plus.
- Expertise in Molecular Pharmacology and development of biochemical and cell-based assays strongly preferred.
Salary: 150k - 200k
Equity: 0.10% - 0.20%
Visa Sponsorship: Not at this time
Hiring Manager: Marie-Laure Rives
Visit us at postera.ai
Machine Learning - A wide range including Graph Neural Nets, Transformers and RL.
Tech Stack - Django back-end with React front-end all on AWS for our web development. High-performance languages (Rust) and Postgres databases.