San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Plexium is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing first-in-class protein degrader therapeutics that go beyond the limitations of bivalent degraders and cereblon molecular glues. Our novel integrated drug discovery platform consists of state-of-the-art medicinal chemistry and DNA-encoded library technologies, ultra-high throughput cell-based screening, deep biological understanding of protein degradation, and extensive proteomics and informatics capabilities. Our integrated platform allows us to discover and develop novel degraders of therapeutically validated proteins for cancer and other important disease areas.
Plexium has a positive, friendly, and collaborative work environment with a culture that values teamwork, initiative, ownership and thoughtful risk-taking in developing innovative solutions to challenging scientific problems. We are committed to fostering innovation at all levels, cross-functional team collaboration, and supporting the growth and development of our team members.
The Biology department at Plexium is seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist to support our efforts to develop monovalent degraders targeting novel E3 ubiquitin ligases for the treatment of cancer and other diseases with unmet needs. The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with a diverse group of individuals and functions throughout the company. Previous experience in ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS) is desirable but not required; creative mindset to learn and execute new things is essential.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop and conduct biochemical and cell-based assays to support E3 ligase hit identification and validation as potential targeted protein degraders
- Develop and conduct cell-based assays to elucidate mechanisms of action for new E3 ligase directed protein degraders
- Maintain good written records of laboratory procedures and communicate research findings in cross-functional project team meetings
- Stay up to date with the state of the art in the field of E3 ligases and protein degradation
Education and Experience Requirements
- PhD in cellular or molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field(1-3 years post graduate experience preferred)
- Experience with biochemical and cellular assay development and plate-based readouts to support hit identification/validation of targeted protein degraders
- Expertise in tissue culture techniques, stable cell line generation, and genetic manipulation using CRISPR, siRNA or shRNA
- Solid molecular biology skills including cloning, PCR technologies, western blot analysis and immunofluorescence staining
- Research experience in the field of E3 ligase and ubiquitin proteasome biology is a plus
- Experience with high-dimensional biological datasets such as genomics, transcriptomics, or proteomics is desired
- Proven track record of successful scientific accomplishments including presentations and/or peer reviewed publications
- Outstanding problem solving, troubleshooting and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An ability to be productive and successful in a fast-paced work environment
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $95,000 - $120,000 + target annual bonus + equity + health and well-being benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to the role, location, job-related skills, and relevant education, experience and training. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire base salaries for the position across all US locations and vary by the location of the position. Our Talent Acquisition Team can share more about our salary ranges and other benefits of working at Plexium, which are not included in the posted base salary range.
Notice to third party recruitment agencies: Plexium does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed recruitment services agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement Plexium shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Plexium.
See more open positions at Plexium
Something looks off?