Life Sciences Principal
Life Sciences Principal
San Francisco, CA / Remote
Healthcare needs good data. At PicnicHealth, we are building deep real-world datasets fueling cutting-edge research while giving patients control of their own medical record data. These complete, clinically-rich datasets produce unique insights — across dozens of diseases — to ultimately get the right treatments into patients’ hands faster. We do this by working directly with patients and leveraging state of the art machine learning to transform messy medical records into structured, research-ready datasets. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients securely access their records and proactively contribute to advancing research in diseases that impacts their lives.
Founded in 2014, PicnicHealth partners with 13 of the top 30 biopharma companies and we have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors including Amplify Partners, Felicis Ventures and B Capital Group.
And we are ust getting started! If you are looking to join an award winning, mission-driven, motivated team that is making a real impact across millions of people’s lives, PicnicHealth might just be the place for you.
PicnicHealth is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Principal to drive new business, grow customer relationships, and develop sales talent on our business development team. The Principal will play a critical role in meeting team sales quotas and building long term partnerships with our life science customers.
As the Life Sciences Principal you will be a player-coach, directly responsible for generating new business and growing existing customer relationships across the life sciences industry. You’ll manage complex sales cycles and craft winning commercial proposals that align PicnicHealth real world data solutions to prospective customer research needs. You’ll represent PicnicHealth as a strategic RWD solutioning expert and support our partners in advancing their research priorities using data generated through the PicnicHealth Research Platform.
As a team leader, you will also build, manage, and mentor a small team of high-performing business developers. You’ll lead by example, demonstrating a strong work ethic and promoting a collaborative team culture. You will contribute directly to the development and execution of sales strategy and build executive relationships in support of our key partnerships.
To do this, you’ll need a deep understanding of the Life Sciences industry, the application of real-world data and evidence (RWD and RWE) in biopharma, and an ability to manage high-stakes client relationships by anticipating client needs before they do. You’re excited about working with cross-functional teams and doing whatever it takes to make things happen. You are motivated to move fast and driven to improve patient lives.
You are a strong fit for this role if you:
- Utilize a strategic and consultative selling approach to drive new business and establish yourself as a trusted partner to your customers
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and are able to chart a path forward with creativity and perseverance
- Can orchestrate cross-functional teams to navigate complex sales cycles
- Are an exceptional communicator who can influence and persuade others regardless of the medium.
- Are interested in cultivating junior team members and setting them up for success.
- 2+ years experience successfully selling RWD and RWE in to biopharma;
- B.A. or B.S. (preferred discipline in biological sciences, engineering or similar);
- 6+ years of experience with a successful track record in client-facing roles of increasing responsibility, structuring engagements and delivering products, services or analyses to biopharma companies, in organizations such as a life sciences oriented consulting firm, healthcare focused analytics and/or outcomes research firm, or health tech firm.
- Experience developing long term business relationships with large enterprises and experience owning client relationships.
- You get bonus points if you have any of the following experience:
- Relevant advanced degree (MBA, PhD, or MPH);
- Working in a fast growing tech company;
- Working in biomedical informatics, EMR data, or working with RWE or HEOR functions;
- Experience hiring, coaching, and leading a team of salespeople or consultants
We expect all team members to be motivated to be amazing in their roles and, ultimately, to move the PicnicHealth mission forward.
Perks & Benefits @PicnicHealth
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
We’re a remote first company, with teammates spread across the US. We aim for quarterly in-person gatherings, expect to travel up to 4 times a year. For our team members in the Bay Area we can offer a hybrid set up to work from the SF office on a flexible schedule.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including above market Health, Dental, Vision
- Family friendly environment
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds for home office set up
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.