Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods into powerful, new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Over the past five years, PathAI has developed partnerships with many of the top global biopharmaceutical companies and biotechs, with the goal of integrating digital & computational pathology into the drug development process from early R&D through to commercial. As drug development increasingly trends towards personalized and targeted indications, computational pathology offers opportunities to enable faster and cheaper drug development, bringing lifesaving treatments to patients. To meet the constantly growing demand from our life sciences partners, PathAI is building out the Biopharma Partnerships team.
Where You Fit
As a Senior Accountant, you will be a part of an accounting team responsible for maintaining the general ledger and performing the monthly close process, issuing customer invoices, and providing accounting support to team members and stakeholders across the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for preparing the monthly financial close process in NetSuite including performing balance sheet reconciliations, recording journal entries, and coding general ledger transactions
- Perform fluctuation analysis in comparing monthly actual results against budget
- Own the accounting for technical areas such as cash, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, leases, fixed assets, and intangible assets
- Provide support in preparing documentation for accounting areas including revenue and cost of goods sold
- Prepare and send invoices to customers on a monthly basis, and follow-up with customers for payment
- Provide support for tax processes such as property tax and sales and use tax
- Review employee travel and expense reports for compliance with company policy and ensure proper coding in the general ledger
- Manage corporate credit card program including reviewing receipts and ensuring proper coding in the general ledger
- Prepare schedules for internal and external audits and respond to audit requests
- Provide analysis on cash inflows and outflows for cash forecasting purposes
- Support quarterly business reviews for cross-functional stakeholders by providing relevant reporting on actual results against budget
- Support team members and other stakeholders in providing ad-hoc reporting
- Follow established processes and controls to ensure work is accurate and in compliance with accounting standards
What You Bring
- 3+ years in an accounting role, with experience in monthly close process
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Strong excel skills
- Self-motivated individual with a willingness to learn and proactive in taking on new initiatives
- CPA or progress towards CPA is a plus
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
Something looks off?