Sales Development Representative - Texas/Central States
WHO ARE WE
Parse Biosciences is a global life sciences company whose mission is to accelerate progress in human health and scientific research. Empowering researchers to perform single cell sequencing with unprecedented scale and ease, our pioneering approach has enabled groundbreaking discoveries in cancer treatment, tissue repair, stem cell therapy, kidney and liver disease, brain development, and the immune system.
With technology developed at The University of Washington, Parse has raised over $50 million in capital and is now used by over 1,000 customers across the world. Our growing portfolio of products includes Evercode Whole Transcriptome, Evercode TCR, Gene Capture, and a data analysis solution.
Parse Biosciences is based in Seattle, Washington's vibrant South Lake Union district, where we recently opened a 34,000 square foot headquarters and state-of-the-art laboratory.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will be a critical part of our success working alongside your Technical Sales Manager (TSM) and Remote Account Manager (RAM) to co-execute a sales strategy across academic, biotech, and pharmaceutical customers. You will perform discovery calls and conduct short presentations with the goal to engage with potential customers, uncover their needs, match product and service, generate excitement and interest, and develop meetings for your TSM and RAM. This role has set targets for calls you make and meetings you set, and yes, you can overachieve these goals.
We are passionate about career progression and in this position, you will be provided a clear path for commercial promotions. Candidates should have strong technical skills, a passion for sales and talking with customers, the ability to develop and manage customer relationships, and a drive to overachieve. Gaining a deep understanding of Parse’s products and the single cell market will be critical to your success. This role is remote in nature and is seldom expected to travel and/or visit accounts in person.
IN THIS POSITION, YOU WILL
- Be responsible for achieving sales objectives across a geography, developing new business, and generating potential customer leads at new accounts who have an interest in our single cell RNA sequencing products
- Generate and manage a high volume of calls and zoom meetings (target of 30 calls per day)
- Become an expert in using lead development software, specifically LinkedIn Navigator, Crunchbase, and SciLeads
- Maintain a CRM process that include calls and conversation notes
- Be skilled and consistent with research and follow-up
- Effectively communicate value proposition and technical advantages to customers
- Continually develop technical knowledge related to new, emerging, and related single cell research
- Display a high degree of professionalism both internally and externally
FOR THIS POSITION, WE LOOK FOR
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s in biology/genomics or a related field
- Previous molecular biology lab experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills - written & verbal, and phone communication skills
Parse Biosciences is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Parse Biosciences has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to all employees regardless of work location, except as prohibited by applicable law. As such, newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices.