Director, Commercial Finance (Sales Operations)
WHO ARE WE
Parse Biosciences is a global life sciences company whose mission is to accelerate progress in human health and scientific research. Empowering researchers to perform single cell sequencing with unprecedented scale and ease, our pioneering approach has enabled groundbreaking discoveries in cancer treatment, tissue repair, stem cell therapy, kidney and liver disease, brain development, and the immune system.
With technology developed at The University of Washington, Parse has raised over $50 million in capital and is now used by over 1,000 customers across the world. Our growing portfolio of products includes Evercode Whole Transcriptome, Evercode TCR, Gene Capture, and a data analysis solution.
Parse Biosciences is based in Seattle, Washington's vibrant South Lake Union district, where we recently opened a 34,000 square foot headquarters and state-of-the-art laboratory.
As Director, Commercial Finance, you will play a critical role in streamlining our sales processes, driving efficiency, and maximizing revenue growth. This individual will work closely with senior leaders, the sales team, finance, marketing, and other key stakeholders to develop strategies, implement tools, and analyze sales performance metrics.
IN THIS POSITION, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Collaboration: Working cross-functionally to align sales strategies and initiatives. This will include supporting the CFO with general FP&A duties as needed.
- Sales Forecasting, Reporting, and Performance Management: Leading accurate sales forecasting and reporting efforts to provide sales and executive leadership with actionable insights. Publishing and maintaining KPI dashboards; routinely analyzing and synthesizing for the sales leadership team with recommended actions; providing standard and ad hoc sales forecasting and sales reporting capabilities for the global sales team; being accountable for financial performance review, with clear understanding and communication of drivers/insights across sales, marketing, and customer support. Bringing innovative ways to analyze complex data and present insights, in simple and compelling ways to non-finance audiences.
- Quota & Sales Compensation: Leading and partnering with sales leadership and finance to ensure fair, timely, and documented quota setting. Driving sales compensation design changes working cross functionally with finance. Supporting calculations on sales commissions.
- Account Planning: Establishing consistent tools and cadences to support account planning, deal reviews, and pipeline reviews. Facilitating or supporting operational cadences with sales leaders that promote sales force productivity and commercial performance, such as deal, forecast, and pipeline reviews or monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Budget Management: Developing and managing the Commercial budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources.
- Sales Process Analysis and Optimization: Reinforcing and refining existing processes to improve sales productivity, identifying bottlenecks in the sales process and developing solutions to enhance productivity and efficiency. Ensuring that our processes effectively support our customers’ urgent needs. Effectively documenting and publishing processes to ensure all aspects of business continuity.
- Tools & Technology: Driving the adoption of invested sales technologies through advocacy and seller enablement while providing a feedback loop for improvements and future needs from frontline users. Ensuring efficient, effective, and governed deal management processes across internal stakeholders (e.g., finance, legal, HR, deal desk, order processing) that drive profitable business.
FOR THIS POSITION, WE LOOK FOR
- 7+ years of progressive finance and/or sales analytics experience
- 5+ years of experience in sales operations, preferably in a life sciences tools environment
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to influence and engage across a wide group of senior stakeholders enabling the ability to challenge based on expertise and personal credibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, or a related field
- Proficiency in CRM systems
- Proficiency with Tableau software
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Experience building, leading, and motivating a team
- Deep understanding of sales processes and strategies in a life sciences tools context
- A proven track record of driving successful sales operational initiatives
Parse Biosciences is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Parse Biosciences has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to all employees regardless of work location, except as prohibited by applicable law. As such, newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices.
Keywords: sales operations, sales analysis,
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx (prescription) coverage beginning on the 1st day of the month following your start date. Parse covers 90% of the monthly premiums for employees, and 60% for dependents.
- A 401(k) program with no waiting period to participate
- Basic life insurance and short and long-term disability coverage. Monthly premiums for both are covered at 100% by Parse.
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options for medical, dependent care, and commuter expenses
- A transportation program (Seattle only)
- New hire equity grants
- 12 paid holidays annually
- A generous time off policy