Technical Sales Manager - Texas
WHO ARE WE
Parse Biosciences is a global life sciences company whose mission is to accelerate progress in human health and scientific research. Empowering researchers to perform single cell sequencing with unprecedented scale and ease, our pioneering approach has enabled groundbreaking discoveries in cancer treatment, tissue repair, stem cell therapy, kidney and liver disease, brain development, and the immune system.
With technology developed at The University of Washington, Parse has raised over $50 million in capital and is now used by over 1,000 customers across the world. Our growing portfolio of products includes Evercode Whole Transcriptome, Evercode TCR, Gene Capture, and a data analysis solution.
Parse Biosciences is based in Seattle, Washington's vibrant South Lake Union district, where we recently opened a 34,000 square foot headquarters and state-of-the-art laboratory.
As a Technical Sales Manager, you will be responsible for achieving sales objectives for our single cell RNA sequencing products through the development of new business and management of current customer accounts. You will be expected to create and execute a sales strategy across academic, biotech, and pharmaceutical accounts while working closely with Field Application Scientists and other Parse team members. Candidates should have strong technical skills, sales skills, the ability to develop and manage customer relationships, and a drive to overachieve. Gaining a deep understanding of the single cell market and Parse’s products will be critical to success.
TERRITORY AND TRAVEL
You will be based in Texas, and you will cover the following states: Texas, New Mexico, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. The position will require travel approximately 50% of the time.
IN THIS POSITION, YOU WILL
- Generate and manage both high volume and large complex sales
- Ensure customers are satisfied and making rapid experimental progress
- Develop, maintain, and grow repeat business while maintaining strong relationships
- Prospect effectively to generate an immediate, medium, and long-term sales pipelines to ensure consistent quota obtainment
- Negotiate and close deals while minimizing discounting
- Effectively communicate technical advantages to customers
- Develop a quarterly and yearly business plan that incorporates both strategic and tactical activities
- Prioritize and qualify inbound leads
- Provide management with insight on competition, market trends, and customer feedback
- Manage your sales funnel with a high degree of accuracy
- Leverage expertise of Field Application Scientists to support customers and drive sales
- Leverage expertise of prospecting specialists to maximize customer meetings and drive new sales
- Use CRM to manage and track deals
- Continue to develop technical knowledge related to new, emerging, and related single cell research
- Forecast projected sales in your territory
- Display a high degree of professionalism both internally and externally
FOR THIS POSITION, WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelors in biology/genomics or a related field. A Masters or PhD is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant sales or channel management experience (preferably in either Next Generation Sequencing, genomics, or single cell analysis)
- Previous molecular biology lab experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time (locally, nationally, and internationally as needed)
Parse Biosciences is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Parse Biosciences has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to all employees regardless of work location, except as prohibited by applicable law. As such, newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices.
Key words: account manager, sales representative, account executive, sales executive, territory manager, territory sales manager, sales specialist, inside sales