Research Associate I - Single Cell Genomics
WHO ARE WE
Parse Biosciences is a global life sciences company whose mission is to accelerate progress in human health and scientific research. Empowering researchers to perform single cell sequencing with unprecedented scale and ease, our pioneering approach has enabled groundbreaking discoveries in cancer treatment, tissue repair, stem cell therapy, kidney and liver disease, brain development, and the immune system.
With technology developed at The University of Washington, Parse has raised over $50 million in capital and is now used by nearly 900 customers across the world. Our growing portfolio of products includes Evercode Whole Transcriptome, Evercode TCR, Gene Capture, and a data analysis solution.
Parse Biosciences is based in Seattle, Washington's vibrant South Lake Union district, where we recently opened a 34,000 square foot headquarters and state-of-the-art laboratory.
As a Research Associate at Parse Biosciences, you will work at the cutting edge of molecular biology and genomics as part of a collaborative team. You will design and perform experiments to improve our existing single-cell RNA-sequencing kits as well as demonstrate new applications for our kits. You will also share responsibilities in organizing inventory, assembling kits, testing kits internally, reagent quality control, and maintaining the lab. You will interact with customers--both helping them with technical concerns and incorporating their feedback into the kit.
FOR THIS POSITION, WE LOOK FOR
- A passion for technology development in genomics and molecular biology.
- Those who value working and solving problems as part of a team, but can also take initiative and work independently.
- BA or BSc in molecular biology (or related field)
- At least one year of hands-on laboratory experience in molecular biology or similar field.
- Must have strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet defined deadlines
- Adaptability to a rapidly changing technology landscape and openness to learning new skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with Next-Generation Sequencing
Parse Biosciences is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Parse Biosciences has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to all employees regardless of work location, except as prohibited by applicable law. As such, newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices.
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx (prescription) coverage beginning on the 1st day of the month following your start date. Parse covers 90% of the monthly premiums for employees, and 60% for dependents.
- A 401(k) program with no waiting period to participate
- Basic life insurance and short and long-term disability coverage. Monthly premiums for both are covered at 100% by Parse.
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options for medical, dependent care, and commuter expenses
- A transportation program (Seattle only)
- New hire equity grants
- 12 paid holidays annually
- A generous time off policy
Something looks off?