Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
Osmind is the premier platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. Today, mental health disorders are one of the leading causes of death worldwide, especially among young adults, and are tied to shortening lifespans. While there have been developments in new psychiatric medications since the first FDA approval in 1954, today there is a growing movement among clinicians, patients, and researchers who are recognizing the need to accelerate new science.
The Osmind treatment platform is the first and only solution that solves specific challenges faced by neuropsychiatric clinics, spanning general psychiatry and interventional psychiatry (transcranial magnetic stimulation, ketamine, SPRAVATO®, psychedelic medicine, electroconvulsive therapy). The core electronic health record (EHR) technology is precisely developed for interventional treatment workflows and designed to support a strong therapeutic alliance, including journaling tools and assistance with health plan reimbursement, which is a significant access hurdle for millions of patients.
Research from our platform is already helping to set new standards for mental health interventions. For example, in the largest published real-world analysis of ketamine infusion therapy for depression, we teamed up with Stanford University School of Medicine to share findings in the Journal of Affective Disorders (March 2022). We have multiple ongoing research studies leveraging our proprietary real-world data, including an even larger ketamine analysis leveraging machine learning to predict treatment outcomes.
Osmind is a San Francisco–based public benefit corporation led by scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists. We are backed by top investors including DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, and Y Combinator.
We are a series B funded Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) building something that actually moves the needle on the global mental health crisis. (See here for an article our cofounder Jimmy wrote about PBC’s.)
This role is hybrid for candidates in the Bay Area and remote for candidates outside the Bay Area
What you’ll do
- Builder: Leverage strong pattern recognition for building SaaS applications that maintains the highest quality and effectively balances complexity and speed of delivery
- Product thinking: Build for our providers and patients, not complexity for complexities sake
- Collaborate: Work with other engineers, product managers, designers and quality engineers to produce a best in class software and product development process
- Hone your craft: Continue to sharpen your skills, improving iteratively
- Strength through diversity: Bring the nuance of your unique perspective to collaborative problem solving situations
- Data-Driven: Utilize data to support prioritization and ensure that your work has real world impact
- Engineering Culture: Contribute to improving and building a considerate and inclusive engineering culture
- Quality-first mentality
- Production SaaS software development experience
- Inclination to collaborate and find trade-offs that balance complexity, quality and speed of delivery
- Strong competence data modeling for relational databases
- Interest in improving mental healthcare and the patient journey
Nice to haves
- Experience with our techstack (excellent candidates will pick it up quickly)
- Experience working on HIPAA-compliant applications in the healthcare space or other highly regulated industries
A successful first year may look like:
- Develop your areas of expertise within our product and technology stack
- Make multiple contributions to style guides and corpus of best practices for your function
- Contribute your perspective to the ongoing iteration of the product development process
- Identify and work through growth areas to get you to the next level of your career
About Us & More
- The tl;dr: we're a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We take the work that we do very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Sometimes you’ll catch us singing karaoke, making memes, or going out for a run together.
- We have a five-star average Glassdoor review.
- Our co founders, Lucia and Jimmy, made it to the Forbes 30 under 30 list
- We were ranked as one of CB Insights top digital health companies of 2021
Some candidates may see the list above and feel discouraged because they don't match all the items. Please apply anyway: there's a good chance you also have important skills we’ve missed! We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Osmind is a public benefit corporation and platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. We recently published our first Public Benefit Report that chronicles how our team of scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists have been working to help solve the worldwide mental health crisis, advance responsible innovation and research, and help ensure robust access to care for patients of all backgrounds. Read the report here: https://www.osmind.org/pbc.