Senior/Staff Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2022
Osmind is the premier platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. Today, mental health disorders are one of the leading causes of death worldwide, especially among young adults, and are tied to shortening lifespans. While there have been developments in new psychiatric medications since the first FDA approval in 1954, today there is a growing movement among clinicians, patients, and researchers who are recognizing the need to accelerate new science.
The Osmind treatment platform is the first and only solution that solves specific challenges faced by neuropsychiatric clinics, spanning general psychiatry and interventional psychiatry (transcranial magnetic stimulation, ketamine, SPRAVATO®, psychedelic medicine, electroconvulsive therapy). The core electronic health record (EHR) technology is precisely developed for interventional treatment workflows and designed to support a strong therapeutic alliance, including journaling tools and assistance with health plan reimbursement, which is a significant access hurdle for millions of patients.
Research from our platform is already helping to set new standards for mental health interventions. For example, in the largest published real-world analysis of ketamine infusion therapy for depression, we teamed up with Stanford University School of Medicine to share findings in the Journal of Affective Disorders (March 2022). We have multiple ongoing research studies leveraging our proprietary real-world data, including an even larger ketamine analysis leveraging machine learning to predict treatment outcomes.
Osmind is a San Francisco–based public benefit corporation led by scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists. We are backed by top investors including DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, and Y Combinator.
We are a series B funded Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) building something that actually moves the needle on the global mental health crisis. (See here for an article our cofounder Jimmy wrote about PBC’s.)
We are looking for our first devops and infrastructure engineer who has the expertise and willingness to be hands on in establishing and driving best practices and systems for our environment. This involves working on our existing platform infrastructure, build and deploy process, security configurations, tooling to improve developer productivity, and more!
To share more about our company, our mission, our values, what it’s like working with us, and our interview process, we’ve put together this presentation for you.
Note: Osmind is a remote first, office encouraged workplace. While we would like to continue hiring local talent in the SF Bay Area, we are also open to remote candidates within the United States.
What you’ll do
- Help our software engineering teams deliver features and products faster through scalable CI/CD pipelines (github actions, circleci, terraform, eks)
- Continue to build and maintain our cloud infrastructure using IaC (terraform, ansible, serverless framework)
- Create tools and dashboards to help improve developer productivity (perf monitoring, deployment monitoring)
- Mentor our engineering teams to reliably and efficiently operate our core services. This includes supporting the team with debugging environment-related issues.
- Be involved in our on-call rotation for production incident response
- Our tech stack: Serverless Framework, Postgres, AWS Lambda, Cognito, S3, EC2, RDS, EKS (kubernetes), NodeJS, React, and React Native (Expo).
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of devops/infrastructure related experience
- Experience with automation and infrastructure as code (e.g. terraform, ansible)
- Experience working with AWS services such as: Cognito, Lambda, Postgres, S3, EC2, RDS, Aurora, Cloudwatch
- Experience working on CI/CD pipelines in multiple environments
- Experience with logging and monitoring pipelines (Fluent Bit, Datadog, Logstash, etc.)
- Recent startup experience involving small teams, or previous “founding devops” engineering roles (this will help you thrive in our fast-paced environment)
- You are passionate about data privacy and want to help us build systems that don't just meet compliance/legal requirements but are representative of best-in-class security infrastructure
- You have a passion for fixing our broken mental healthcare system
A successful first year may look like
- Reducing our deployment times from one week to multiple times per day (or hour)
- Dockerizing all of our applications and infinitely scaling them on our kubernetes clusters
- Improving the performance of our applications 10-fold by building logging and monitoring services that allow engineering teams to solve hard issues
- Write code (a lot) and increase IaC coverage from 25% to 100%
- Share devops best practices across the engineering team through mentoring, lunch and learns, and more.
- Improving the confidence in the security, privacy, and uptime of our products.
- Build the foundation for infrastructure at Osmind and help the teams scale
About Us & More
- The tl;dr: we're a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We take the work that we do very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Sometimes you’ll catch us singing karaoke, making memes, or going out for a run together.
- We have a five-star average Glassdoor review.
- Our co founders, Lucia and Jimmy, made it to the Forbes 30 under 30 list
- We were ranked as one of CB Insights top digital health companies of 2021
The reasonably estimated national salary range for this position is between $148,800-$205,000, plus an equity package for eligible employees. Actual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and local cost of labor. In addition, Osmind offers a wide range of comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, generous family leave, FSA/DCFSA, mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and flexible paid time off.
Some candidates may see the list above and feel discouraged because they don't match all the items. Please apply anyway: there's a good chance you also have important skills we’ve missed! We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Osmind is a public benefit corporation and platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. We recently published our first Public Benefit Report that chronicles how our team of scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists have been working to help solve the worldwide mental health crisis, advance responsible innovation and research, and help ensure robust access to care for patients of all backgrounds. Read the report here: https://www.osmind.org/pbc.
See more open positions at Osmind
Something looks off?