Would you like to be part of a fast-growing team that believes no one should have to succumb to viral cancer? Naveris, a biotech startup based near Boston, MA, is looking for an Accounting Manager team member to help us develop our next great product for patients at risk of developing viral cancers. Our flagship test, NavDx, is a breakthrough blood-based DNA test for HPV cancers, clinically proven and already trusted by hundreds of physicians and institutions across the U.S.
Naveris is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our team. Candidates should be highly organized self-starters who bring a positive attitude, integrity, and enthusiasm as we transform cancer prevention and care.
The Accounting Manager, reporting to the Vice President of Finance, will be a key addition to the finance organization. Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in month-end close, creating and posting journal entries, performing account reconciliations, analyzing accounting transactions, and meeting all required reporting deadlines. Areas of focus: order to cash cycle, accruals, COGS, allocations and equity accounting.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop and maintain robust processes which ensure the completeness and accuracy of the financial statements.
- Examine purchase orders to assess percentage of completion or timing of delivery of services.
- Reconciling and analyzing supplies and reagents inventory
- Perform analyses on income statement and balance sheet accounts and ensure all significant fluctuations are properly explained and supported.
- Preparing ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Assist with the development, implementation, and documentation of new policies and procedures to enhance the workflow of the department and the company.
- Implementing process improvements and leading practices that will scale with the rapid pace of growth of the company
- Assist with the annual audits and SOX processes to ensure all requests and questions are responded to in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and resolve issues of accounting matters within the area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with Company accounting policies and the application of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Utilize ERP to obtain and analyze complex financial information. Confer with the Vice President of Finance and other teams to design and develop reports.
- Monitoring completed integrations, performing validation checks with the Billing team to ensure completeness of tests data is being reported
- As needed, contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned to support management with the decision-making process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required. CPA with Big 4 public accounting experience a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant experience required.
- Must have ERP systems experience (Quickbooks, NetSuite a plus). Salesforce, Tableau knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required.
- Leadership abilities. Ability to influence others and earn respect of team and business partners.
- Experience building out processes, procedures, and workflows that enable sustainable scaling of the business.
- Ability to effectively work across teams and levels, including Billing, Data Insights, Commercial team, the general and administration function and leadership team.
- Ability to analyze and write commentary to explain results/variances in a concise and clear manner.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, ability to link information together, and solution-oriented individual.
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated experience and continuous desire in improving and streamlining processes.
- Must be adaptable, agile, able to multi-task and take on additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Possesses energy, enthusiasm to drive results, action oriented. Ability to prioritize.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency towards attaining department goals, issue resolution and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources effectively, while meeting deadlines and delivering quality work.
Required Interpersonal Qualifications
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills which include defining issues, focusing on achieving workable solutions, and generating innovative ideas to build or improve existing processes.
- Demonstrates strong proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of expertise and company business and proficiency in strategic and financial processes.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, including effective verbal and written communication, listens to and understands various viewpoints, shares relevant information timely, provides constructive feedback, and maintains professionalism.
- Proven the ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships that establish trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Experience working in a laboratory services testing company is highly beneficial.
- Consistently operates at the highest level of integrity and does not compromise ethical standards.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a federal law that describes the national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient’s consent or knowledge. All roles at Naveris require compliance with legal and regulatory requirements of HIPAA and acceptance and adherence to all policies and standards at Naveris. Personnel acknowledges they are personally responsible for reporting any suspected violations or abuse and are required to complete HIPAA training when joining the company.
In addition to our great team and advanced medical technology, we offer our employees competitive compensation, work/life balance, remote work opportunities, and more!
Naveris is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Naveris is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate and support them. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.