Sr. Business Systems Analyst, Billing Data & Analytics
This will be a hybrid role working out of our Austin, TX or San Carlos, CA offices.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst in the data and analytics team is a highly motivated and strategic-minded individual playing a pivotal role in shaping the direction of our data solutions while fostering a culture of trust, integrity, and collaboration. To be successful, the Sr.BSA will demonstrate business acumen, technological insights that help deliver data and analytics strategy, and the ability to build strong relationships based on trust and ethical conduct
- This position will be responsible for the Billing & Revenue Cycle Management solutions and will work directly with business teams to determine and prioritize needs in a collaborative manner
- The BSA will work closely with business partners, end users, and engineers during the design, development, testing, and implementation of data assets (reports, dashboards, interactive analytics) to effectively meet business requirements
- Develop and continuously refine a clear and compelling data strategy & roadmap in partnership with stakeholders aligned to the organization’s strategic goals
- Serves as a subject matter in billing, prior authorization, claims, appeals, denials & other revenue cycle management business processes and systems
- Lead and participate in gathering business requirements and feedback with the ability to translate these into actionable tasks for a development team
- Produce accurate and meaningful metrics to deliver high quality, actionable, efficient, and interactive reporting & insights to drive business drive performance in operations related to reimbursements & collections
- Collaborate with design and development teams to ensure the successful implementation of data capabilities/features, maintaining a balance between innovation and feasibility
- Recommend design changes to improve overall efficiencies meeting business requirements
- Lead by example in ethical decision-making and ensure all data-related activities uphold the highest standards of quality & integrity
- Partner with cross-functional teams through effective communication, collaboration, and decision-making
- Utilize advanced data assets across cloud technology platforms, working across departments and in matrixed/agile project teams
- Interprets data and provides insights to stakeholders through visualizations, enabling them to make informed decisions and identify actionable items
- Utilizes data visualization tools to create dynamic and interactive visualizations that allow end users to explore data and uncover patterns and trends
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Mathematics/Statistics or related field
- 7+ years' experience working in an enterprise analytics team focused on helping drive strategy and value forward
- 5+ years working with data-driven business process improvement across various systems
- Healthcare related field of study or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with medical billing systems and the claim life cycle
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) - Labworks or similar products
- Understanding of full life cycle development methodology
- Demonstrated ability to remain effective and productive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with agile style project management techniques
- Ability to navigate across multiple customer demands and balance competing priorities successfully
- Ability to think critically and identify the impact across the revenue cycle with a solution oriented approach
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues from geographically distributed teams on all organizational levels
- Strong understanding of data visualization strategies to illustrate key information for executive consumption
- Attention to detail and expertise in troubleshooting data quality issues
- Strong SQL (Structured Query Language) ability to view and understand data from common database systems and applications (Oracle, SQL Server, Salesforce, SAP, etc.)
- Ability to develop, implement and produce analysis and reports
- Strong expertise in creating visualizations using PowerBI, Qlik or Tableau
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.