Senior HR Business Partner
We are looking to bring on a Senior HR Business Partner who is an Employee Relations Specialist to offer both strategic insight and hands-on support. This position plays a crucial role in implementing people initiatives, delivering exceptional internal customer support, and enhancing HR functional excellence and process improvement. The role is located in the Austin, Texas area. Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources, this role will be instrumental in driving the company's HR objectives.
Location: This role will be Hybrid; working from home and office. For office time, you will need to come in to North Austin office 3 days per week.
- Act as the main liaison for both management and employees regarding employee relations, offering advice, support and resolution.
- Oversee risk management, conducting thorough and compliant investigations in collaboration with Natera’s internal legal counsel.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues. 50%+ of its time will be dedicated towards employee relations.
- Provide analysis of employee relations trends and metrics to assist in the development of solutions.
- Partner with HR leadership to reinforce a culture of respect, inclusion, and accountability in all employee interactions.
- Provide hands-on HR support as well successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Provide guidance and support to the leadership and management teams in the area of compensation, benefits, employee relations and team development.
- Partner, support and lead in developing and delivering HR strategies and programs, including employee engagement, onboarding, off-boarding, talent development, compensation, benefits, performance management and training.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, and other talent development and retention activities to help drive a high performing culture..
- Work with hiring managers and recruiting partners to proactively bring top talent into the organization. Participate in interviews as appropriate.
- Assess employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions. Provide appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Education, Business or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner in a bio or high-tech environment.
- Ability to travel ~15% of the time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal employment laws and standards.
- Experience working with both exempt & nonexempt employees.
- Able to manage and organize multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills, self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and data management skills with the ability to translate data into action planning.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Coaching and ability to influence leaders.
- Ability to use innovative and creative approaches to problem solving.
- Ability to create and foster business relationships with leaders and employees.
- Passionate and sense of urgency for execution; natural curiosity and willingness to take risks; ability to use creativity to problem solve; ability to look at human resources in new and different ways; desire to make a difference.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.