PSC Manager - Indio, CA
POSITION TITLE: PSC Manager (Indio)
The Patient Service Center Manager (Phlebotomy) will serve patients by identifying the best method for retrieving blood; preparing specimens for laboratory testing; and performing screening procedures. The Phlebotomist will also act as an operations manager for the designated patient service center (PSC) and oversee Natera’s phlebotomy program at the specified location. Depending upon growth opportunities, this role may also require oversight of other phlebotomists as needed to support patient volume growth.
*** IF YOUR STATE REQUIRES A PHLEBOTOMY LICENSE, IT MUST BE SENT IN WITH YOUR RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION ***
PRIMARY LOCATION: Indio, CA
- Verifies test requisitions by comparing information with orders and requisition documentation; brings discrepancies to the attention of Natera product management leadership.
- Verifies patient by reading patient identification.
- Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures and finger sticks.
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following Natera[KC1] procedures; observes isolation procedures.
- Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed[MB2] in Natera provided system.
- Maintains quality results by following Natera procedures and testing schedule; recording results in the quality-control log; identifying and reporting needed changes reporting KPIs to product management leadership on biweekly basis.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complies with legal regulations.
- Resolves unusual test orders by contacting the physician, pathologist, nursing station, or reference laboratory; referring unresolved orders back to the originator for further clarification; notifying internal Natera team [MB3] of unresolved orders.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances Natera’s phlebotomy reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic), in order to perform the job.
- Report any SPI or CAPA or NCR issues to internal Natera product management leadership team Assists with managing all phlebotomy equipment associated with the establishment and running of the patient service center[KC4] , may require heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds of supplies.
- May require reimbursable travel for stocking of supplies
- May include onboarding, training, and retraining of individual phlebotomists, as deemed necessary to support volume increases.
- Assists with managing Patient Service Center vendors.
- Assists with phlebotomy program management: Monitor distribution and claiming of blood draws Monitor customer feedback Manage small escalations as needed
- Manage scheduling issues
- Ensure continued and open communication regarding ongoing draw statuses General phlebotomy knowledge for PSC’s location (per state regulations)
- Must maintain a current status on Natera’s training requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years of phlebotomy experience
- 5+ years high-level customer care experience
- Managing/supervising phlebotomy operations and teams experience preferred
- BS/BA degree (preferred) High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
- Phlebotomy Certification (or equivalent) preferred, except where regulatory regulations are mandated depending upon state
- Previous financial and budgetary experience preferred
- Bilingual language skills preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to serve and protect Natera by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
- General understanding of mobile phlebotomy and general phlebotomy services.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to learn and embrace online tools for effective program management.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.