Senior Clinical Data Abstractor - Oncology
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Clinical Data Abstractor will be responsible for performing high-quality medical record abstraction for all of Natera's abstraction needs across rare and chronic diseases and conditions and diseases of the organs. The Senior Clinical Data Abstractor is also responsible for tracking abstracted patients and clinical data gaps within Natera’s patient records and working with a cross-functional team across Natera's R&D, medical, and engineering teams to operationalize abstraction activity.
POSITION LOCATION: Remote, US
- Responsible for performing abstraction for ad hoc and ongoing internal and external data and abstraction requests for cancer information.
- Abstraction responsibilities include manually reading, reviewing, and abstracting clinical data from medical records.
- Tracking patients and data abstracted, along with meeting program productivity requirements.
- Conducting peer quality reviews on records abstracted by abstraction peers, tracking records quality reviewed and through the entire abstraction life-cycle.
- Engage with multidisciplinary teams to support and perform abstraction activities.
- Maintain confidential, accurate, and detailed records and reports. Identify clinical data gaps within existing patient medical records across the entire clinical Support the creation of department/organization abstraction and quality control policies and procedures.
- Attend cross-team meetings and provide relevant reporting to cross-teams and directly to the Staff Manager, Clinical Data Abstraction.
- As requested, work with medical officers within Natera by providing abstraction demonstrations and reviews. Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in health sciences at minimum (may be supplemented with a B.A. degree accompanied with an CURN U.S. license, or one of the other nursing specialty certifications related to rare or chronic diseases or diseases of the organs)
- 7+ years of clinical data abstraction, research, or clinical data management; specialty in genomics data (may be supplemented by a minimum of 4+ years of direct clinical/clinical trial/EDC experience accompanied with an CURN U. S. license (or one of the other nursing specialty certifications related to rare or chronic diseases or diseases of the organs) or a minimum of 4+ years of direct clinical/clinical trial/ED experience accompanied with an PA, NP, or DNP U.S. license in the clinical areas of rare or chronic diseases or conditions and diseases of the organs)
- Licensed as a nurse is required with extensive experience working in rare or chronic diseases such as kidney diseases or conditions and diseases of the organs; CURNs (or one of the other nursing specialty certifications related to rare or chronic diseases or diseases of the organs) preferred
- Requires direct experience with medical record abstraction across multiple platforms (paper records, different electronic medical record systems, EDC, registries, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently, with little to no direction, and as part of a team Strong organizational and communication skills In-depth attention to detail and a fast learner
- Experience working with startup companies and respond to shifting priorities and changes Ability to interact with various levels of staff and external customers
- Possess a high level of initiative and self-motivation
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Experience working with multiple monitors
- Strong familiarity with oncology data codification and various clinical data ontologies such as ICD-9-CM and SNOMED CT
- Strong familiarity with data abstraction tools, EDCs, and registries and working with system change requests, and providing design input in the design of such databases
- Medical terminology experience
- Experience with multiple electronic medical record systems such as Allscripts, OncoEMR, Cerner, Epic, NextGen, Meditech, Cerner, etc. Experience working with paper, handwritten, and electronic forms of records/unstructured data and various file formats such as pdfs, RTFs, jpegs, etc.
- Experience creating or supporting the creation of abstraction business rules, policies and procedures, quality review plans and procedures, and data management plans Experience with achieving and assessing abstraction quality and productivity requirements
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.