The Equipment Associate is responsible for the service and support of instruments utilized in the R&D laboratory based in San Carlos, CA. The scope of support includes installation, calibration, maintenance, repair, and documentation of activities for all equipment in the laboratory. The Equipment Associate will be the primary point of contact for R&D lab personnel regarding safe equipment operations and equipment services.
- Coordinate and/or perform instrument installations and qualifications per equipment protocols.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot any system concerns to minimize downtime.
- Work with Quality Assurance to determine qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ), calibration and preventive maintenance (PM) requirements so to comply with regulations.
- Maintain program for PM, routine maintenance and calibration to ensure all lab equipment remains fit for purpose.
- Prepare equipment SOPs. Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Track all service activities utilizing system(s) developed in accordance with service procedures and laboratory policies.
- Ensure all service documentation is complete, timely, and accurate following Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- BS/BA in biomedical engineering, biological sciences or related fields.
- Industry-related experience, especially in supporting lab equipment, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and accuracy
- Excellent adaptability in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and responsibility.
- Comply with company policies.
- Familiar with DNA Isolation and Purification, PCR, Cell Culture, Next Generation Sequencing, etc.
- Familiar with LIMS.
- Experience in automation and/or operating high-throughput instruments
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.