Supervisor, R&D Sample Mgmt
The Supervisor, R&D Sample Management manages daily activities for Sample Management team. This role will work with multidisciplinary teams and manages routine R&D services related to Sample Management.
- Responsible for day-to-day staffing/scheduling/setting up sample management schedules.
- Main point of contact for sample management related inquiries.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing compound shipments to/from CROs, partners and collaborators.
- Manage the receipt, registration, storage and inventory of samples for R&D and fulfill interdepartmental sample requests.
- Identify, label, and keep accurate sample records in LIMS/database & reconcile sample inventory periodically.
- Assist the manager on training of Sample Management team and monitor the training progress of new hires.
- Ensure accurate, ethical, and appropriate management of samples in compliance with all applicable federal regulations.
- Monitors team members to ensure adherence to SOPs and lab safety procedures.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Bachelor’s, or equivalent degree in a scientific discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GxP and ICH requirements and best practices.
- Effective team player and ability to collaborate with cross functional clinical study teams.
- At least 2 years of hands-on biobanking experience in industry setting.
- Experience working in a clinical or biological laboratory.
- Able to work independently and managing multiple competing priorities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of LIMS/database query tools with Microsoft Excel and SQL experience preferred.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective working relationships within functional area.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, evolving environment, and manage competing. priorities.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.