Clinical Oncology Specialist
We are currently looking for a Clinical Oncology Specialist (COS) to join our Oncology sales team! The role's territory encompasses Northern Michigan, and ideally, the preferred candidate should reside in Lansing or the northern Michigan region.
The COS position is an oncology diagnostics sales role charged with establishing, developing and growing a geography to exceed sales goals. The COS will be responsible for creating a strategic territory plan, and managing all business results and ROI including but not limited to: daily sales activity, new account acquisition, retaining existing customer base while growing sales, implementing cross functional initiatives, effectively utilizing resources and establishing processes for appropriate patient identification and treatment management. This will be accomplished through developing trusted relationships, physician and account education, identifying strategic opportunities and delivering innovative solutions. This position may cover several states and require frequent travel.
- Learn Natera products, services, processes, policies, key internal teams, as well as competitor’s products, services, policies and practices, and payer/reimbursement landscape.
- Achievement of sales objectives and break-through results; while managing revenue and expenses.
- Development and maintenance of KOL relationships.
- Drive strategic business opportunities and partnerships with Academic and Community cancer centers, clinics and hospitals within a specified territory.
- Development of a comprehensive business plan to gain and retain new and existing clients that aligns with our national goals and organizational values.
- Execution of sales strategies and tactics, implementation of sales and marketing plan, pull through opportunities.
- Maintain high level of product, market and competitor knowledge.
- Implement laboratory services agreements (LSA’s)
- Collaborate and coordinate with all sales positions, cross functional and market partners to ensure successful attainment of goals and objectives.
- Conduct business in an ethical & transparent fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years' experience with consistent success in Oncology sales.
- Knowledge of local oncology market, molecular diagnostics, personalized medicine and reimbursement.
- Ability to perform overnight travel.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, financial management and written and oral communications skills
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Qualified candidates will have excellent communication and presentation skills, are strategic and forward thinking, effectively work in teams and are autonomous self-starters with experience in business analysis and have a command of Oncology and Healthcare business trends.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years previous Oncology, Pathology or Laboratory sales experience with documented results. They must also demonstrate oncology clinical & medical expertise.
In addition to the base salary, we provide a competitive commission structure that incentivizes performance.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.