Accessioning Team Runner
- Sort and transport packages from the Shipping dock to the Accessioning laboratory.
- Pick up packages from the receptionist’s desk.
- Scan all tracking numbers into a Google spreadsheet and ensure that tracking numbers are scanned in correctly and spreadsheet is filled out completely.
- Distribute packages to the Clinical Data Operators (CDO) in a timely and efficient manner following distribution guidelines.
- Rack samples that arrive in bulk (without individual kit boxes) ensuring that the paperwork matches up with the samples.
- Escalate any issues or discrepancies to the Leads or Supervisor.
- Empty bins filled with kit boxes at the CDO workstations into carts placed at designated locations in the lab.
- Perform a visual check of the kit boxes to make sure that there is no PHI on the kit boxes or samples remaining in the discarded kit boxes.
- Empty biohazard cans in the lab.
- Scan bench worksheets.
- Scan documents into cases.
- Maintain tidiness of Runner workstations.
- Store requisition forms by date into the filing cabinets.
- Dispose of requisition forms into the shred bins that have exceeded the retention period.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Notify Supervisor and Leads of any packaging issues or discrepancies
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Previous computer experience.
- Proof of COVID vaccine required.
- Familiar with Google documents.
- Ability to perform basic calculations.
- Organized and self- motivated.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.