Associate Director, Laboratory Data Management and Programming
- Oversee the Laboratory Data Management team including mangers and their direct reports.
- Responsible for building an effective team, including identifying, recruiting, and vetting Clinical Data Manager candidates, and for their professional development.
- Be a thought leader in the Laboratory Clinical Data Management domain as it applies to Natera’s studies.
- Oversee and be accountable for the efficient and compliant performance of standard Clinical Data Management tasks, including but not limited to developing and maintaining SOPs and study specific plans, laboratory data transfers to and from clients/vendors, study metrics generation and reporting, and data review and discrepancy management as it applies to laboratory data.
- Be accountable for the quality and integrity of the clinical data within Natera’s Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and data mart.
- Ensure data system compliance by following the established industry guidelines (e.g. FDA).
- Oversee and participate in the analysis, preparation and presentation of data as needed by study teams.
- Be “data literate”, exhibit the ability to interpret and give input into summary statistics and various visuals (distribution charts, bar charts) and data dashboards required by study teams.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required, life science background preferred, but equivalent industry experience acceptable. Advanced degree and experience in a data-driven quantitative field highly preferred.
- 8-10 years of clinical data management domain experience, in-vitro diagnostic device trials highly preferred but not required.
- At least 3 years of people management experience.
- At least 3 years of programming experience using SAS, R, or Python
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (gSuite), MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Power BI and/or other data visualization applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Strong leadership skills, self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with the study team, cross functional team members and external collaborators.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Travel required for this position:
Travel: Up to 20%
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information:
- BBB announcement on job scams
- FBI Cyber Crime resource page
Something looks off?