Clinical Oncology Specialist
We are currently looking for a Clinical Oncology Specialist (COS) to join our Oncology sales team! The territory will cover the Hartford, CT region.
The (COS) position is a clinical sales role utilizing clinical oncology, pathology, customer service and reimbursement experience and expertise to support the sale of Natera’s Oncology diagnostics. The COS is a strategic partner with the other Natera sales people in their territory such as the women’s health and pharmaceutical sales teams to formulate and execute a plan of action. Accomplished through delivering approved marketing messages, strategic customer education, and implementing processes for appropriate patient identification and treatment management.
- Learn Natera products, services, processes, policies, key internal teams, as well as competitor’s products, services, policies and practices, and payer/reimbursement landscape in the territory to be effective in the COS role.
- Identify Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), hospitals, clinics and physicians that are appropriate for Natera products & services in the territory and gain their trust and business.
- Calls on oncologists and other medical personnel to provide product information for the sale of Natera’s Oncology diagnostics.
- Capitalize on selling opportunities and/or to influence physician, key opinion leaders, hospitals and clinics.
- Responsible for the sale of the company’s oncology diagnostics products within an assigned territory or geographic region.
- Monitor, document and report on existing business as well as challenges and new opportunities. Escalate issues not resolved timely or to the satisfaction of the clients.
- Conduct business in an ethical & transparent fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of Oncology experience OR associate degree and 7 years of Oncology experience.
- Knowledge of local oncology market.
- Knowledge of oncology molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Candidates have excellent communication and presentation skills, are strategic and forward thinking, effectively work in teams and are autonomous self-starter, experience in business analysis and have a command of Oncology and Healthcare business trends.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience in positions such as Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse, Nurse Manager, Practice Manager, Research Nurse, or other Oncology clinical positions. Active as an OCN Oncology Clinical Nurse or ACON Advanced Oncology Clinical Nurse. Demonstrate oncology clinical & medical expertise, effective partnership with sales force, and excellent communication and presentation skills. Local Market knowledge is also preferred.
In addition to the base salary listed below, we provide a competitive commission structure that incentivizes performance.
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information:
- BBB announcement on job scams
- FBI Cyber Crime resource page
Something looks off?