Medical Science Liaison, Oncology Pacific Northwest
The MSL, Oncology will join a fast-growing Field Medical Affairs team that is focused on commercializing the novel Signatera™ molecular residual disease test to oncologists and cancer researchers, along with complementary products and services in Natera’s oncology portfolio. In 2019, the FDA designated Signatera as a Breakthrough Device, and Medicare proposed to cover its use in patients with Stage II-III colorectal cancer as its first covered indication. We are looking for a smart, mission-oriented Medical Affairs professional who can communicate effectively and help us transform the management of cancer worldwide. The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) serves as a key field-based scientific resource for clinicians, academic institutions, and professional organizations.
- Provide scientific and/or clinical presentations on Natera’s oncology products.
- Address the specific needs of customers by responding to requests for information about our marketed and developing products.
- Serve as a medical and scientific resource for the Natera Sales and Marketing teams, with participation in medical and scientific updates and training.
- Identify, develop, maintain, and manage collaborative working relationships with key academic and community physicians (“KOLs”), as well as other relevant healthcare professionals.
- Develop research collaborations with leading KOLs and assist with registry study enrollment and sourcing/managing investigator-initiated trials (IIT)
- Review and develop educational materials and slides for healthcare providers and patients, for approval by Medical Affairs and Marketing.
- Assist in agenda planning and meeting facilitation of Clinical Advisory Boards and Symposia.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Health care professionals with relevant clinical sciences knowledge in oncology will be considered: Pharm.D, Ph.D., M.D., Doctoral - Nurse Practitioners (DNP)
- Prior experience in MSL role highly preferred and/or the introduction of new clinical laboratory tests preferred
- Outgoing and confident demeanor.
- Independent thinker and persuasive communicator.
- Experience in establishing strong, collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholder functions (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Regulatory, R&D) and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills.
- Knowledge of molecular biology and clinical oncology helpful
Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing, dedicated to oncology, women’s health, and organ health. Our aim is to make personalized genetic testing and diagnostics part of the standard of care to protect health and enable earlier and more targeted interventions that lead to longer, healthier lives.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents.
Please be advised that Natera will reach out to candidates with a @natera.com email domain ONLY. Email communications from all other domain names are not from Natera or its employees and are fraudulent. Natera does not request interviews via text messages and does not ask for personal information until a candidate has engaged with the company and has spoken to a recruiter and the hiring team. Natera takes cyber crimes seriously, and will collaborate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute any related cyber crimes.
For more information:
- BBB announcement on job scams
- FBI Cyber Crime resource page
Something looks off?